Movie Marathon!

*This has been in my drafts since the end of June! So, instead of storing it there, I've decided to publish this post. I apologise for the super late reviews on these movies which I can bet most of you would have already watched it! But, if you haven't watched any of these movies, I hope this helps a little!*

It looks like the month of June kick started my movie marathon for the year. Every year, my sister and I will ourselves that we should make the effort to go to the cinema and watch at least one movie every month. BUT, that unfortunately has not happen for the past few years. The only time I ever watch movies in the theater is usually when my friends come back for the holidays.

Nevertheless, it seems like 2014 has brought on a vast improvement in our "watching movies" efforts. What started the ball rolling was my sister's birthday.

If you also read my sister's blog (Shaks Thoughts), you would know that I was given the task of planning her BIG 29+1 birthday.In the plan, there were a few surprises and one of them was surprising her with the arrival of my aunt from Singapore. With that, a whole slew of events started. :-) If you wanna know more about what happened and whether my event planning skills was handy, just click on the link.

Anyway, first up on my movies list was:

1. MALEFICENT starring Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning





My Verdict: *TWOTHUMBSUP* If you grew up watching Sleeping Beauty, you would know the storyline but this gave us a glimpse into how and why Maleficent became the "evil" queen. It all boiled down to revenge, hurt, hunger for power and the power of love. Angeline Jolie was also great in the role. A definite watch if you have not watched it yet.


2. EDGE OF TOMORROW starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt




My Verdict: It was okay. Entertaining and funny at some parts but I wasn't quite sure what to make of the ending. It's basically about a Social Officer in the Army who has never been in combat before as he has always been dealing with the PR image of the army. He is unceremoniously dropped into a combat mission and killed within minutes of being in it. He then finds himself in a time loop where he is forced into repeating the same combat mission each time he dies. The story continues as he tries to figure out what is going on. Oh and it involves aliens too. So, if you like action, Tom Cruise and aliens, this just might be your movie!


3. CONTRACTED starring Najarra Townsend and a host of other unknown characters




My Verdict: Don't watch it unless you get dragged into watching the movie like I did. A movie about this young woman who finds herself suffering from a mysterious sexually transmitted disease after she was raped at a party. As the movie progresses, it shows you how as each day goes by, the disease becomes worse. The type of disease is never explained in the movie even at the end. Would not recommend the movie unless you want to cringe in your seat each time you see some disgusting ting happen as a result of the disease.

4. TRANSFORMERS starring Mark Wahlberg, Kelsey Grammer and Stanley Tucci




My Verdict: Too long. Towards the end, I almost fell asleep! I still like Bumblebee and I thought Mark Wahlberg was quite "gaya" in the movie too. So, this is the 4th installment of the movie franchise and the movie continues following the disaster that happened in the 3rd installment. In this movie, most of the Autobots and Decepticons have vanished but there is still a group of powerful businessmen and scientists trying to recreate their own transformers. The story line for this movie is a bit complicated and the movie ends with a possibility for another installment. Once again, if you have been a fan of the Transformers franchise or you like action movies, then this would also be your movie!


Till the next post!

Pa-alam!
















Comments

Popular Posts