Making the right choices

I was browsing through my blog posts recently and came across the post below hidden away in my drafts folder which I had written just after finishing my final year and while I was searching for a job. I am not really sure what was bothering me at the particular time I wrote it but somehow, certain parts relates to how I am currently feeling at this present time. Hence, I am sharing this with all of you. :-)



There is always a time in your life where you have to make important decisions that will make an impact in your life somewhere along the line. The right choices will lead you down the right path but make a bad one, then beware of the consequences.


I've met people in my life who has made the right choices and some who has made really bad ones. Sometimes, for those who make the bad ones, I dont know whether to blame them for not really thinking it through or for being too naive and believing everyone and anyone except the people who matter the most.


I'm at the point in my life where it is time for me to make the next decision that will help pave the road for my future and even though I have made the decision, I suddenly find myself at a crossroad again. I have people telling me that I should take the risk and take a step into the unknown as it is the only way for me to know what will happen next rather than just staying under my own little shell. But circumstances around me has got me thinking otherwise about my decision. Do I stick to what I have decided or do i rethink my decision?


I've also met people who has made the wrong choices and as a result, the whole family suffers. These people tend to make the same mistake over and over again without learning from it. They tend to put more faith in others who do not know the situation but thinks they know what is best rather than listen to the ones who truly know the situation and is fighting to let their voices be heard. It makes the people who are fighting to be heard feel insignificant in the role they play.


The worse thing is that these people are also stubborn and thinks they know what they are doing. Yes, you may think you know what you are doing but after making the same mistake over and over again, do you really believe that you are capable of making the right decision once more? There comes a point in time where people will start to lose faith especially if the decisions made affects another person. This is because no matter how hard they try not to involve others in the consequences of their bad decisions, somehow, they will get involved as it affects their lives as well. Once you make the wrong choice, you will drag down the others who are dependent and look up to you.


Making choices especially the RIGHT choices is indeed important as making choices is what will carry you on to the next chapter in your life. In every chapter of your life, there is a part where decisions have to be made and the only thing you can do is make the right decision.

Till the next post,

Pa-alam!

Comments

Serene said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts