2 years!



Tomorrow marks 2 years since I took that giant leap into the working world. TWO YEARS! As cliche as this may sound, it really does feel like I just started working.

It's been an interesting two years working at St. Nicholas' Home, Penang. There has been ups, downs and everything you can think of.


I've met lots of wonderful people and been inspired by many as well, particularly the blind and visually impaired that I have been blessed to be able to work together.

I've gained so many valuable lessons in two years that sometimes, I feel like I've been working for 10 years. When you work at SNH, you are constantly on the move and you will definitely learn something new each and everyday.


Among the things that I have been blessed to do here at SNH includes interacting and working with the visually impaired, organising cycling & walking events as well as carnivals, emceeing for a crowd of 2000 people and the best thing of all is, meeting and working with a bunch of people that has kept me sane for the past 2 years and whom I can call friends. :-)

When I was job hunting, working in an NGO never really crossed my mind. I was open to everything but I always thought I would end up in the corporate world or maybe working in a hotel. Initially, Dad wasn't very keen with me working in an NGO but now after two years, I think he has accepted it.


People often wonder why at my age, I chose to start my career here. Well, honestly, it has been a good stepping stone and it has given me a good glimpse into the working world. I'm not sure how long I'll be here but one thing for sure, it'll be a place I'll never forget.

So, thank you SNH for two good (although stressful at times) years and let's see where this road will lead us next.

Till the next post,

Pa-Alam!

Comments

Popular Posts