Is it hiding or is it nonexistent?

If you have been following my blog or if you are a friend who knows me and reads the blog because you are my friend, you would know that I come from a very musically talented family.


My dad is the original member and lead guitarist of the legendary band called The Alleycats (if you haven't heard of them, please allow Google to educate you) while my mom comes from the well known jazz family of Malaysia, the Solianos.

I have truly been blessed to be born into this family with tremendous talent but sometimes it can also be a curse. You see, I don't think I inherited any of the musical genes that are apparent in both sides of my family.

Whenever people find out about my family, I am always asked, do you sing or play any instrument? My standard reply: "Unfortunately no. And I believe it is because positive + positive = NEGATIVE! :-(

So, the big question I always have about myself is this, do I have any hidden musical talent or is it just nonexistent? My family members have been very supportive in the sense that they always tell me that it is there but it just has not been honed.

I love music and I can't imagine life without music. Whenever I am bored, feeling depressed, angry or happy, I can always turn to music. And I somehow also have the ability to learn the lyrics of a song very fast!

Well, I guess only time will tell. I highly doubt that I will be a famous singer or musician, but while I slowly discover whether I have any hidden talents, I will enjoy the beautiful music and talent displayed by my family. And that was exactly what I did last Saturday night. :-) I had some of my family playing at The Canteen at Chinahouse last weekend and as a bonus, my dad even jammed with the band! So, here are some pictures to end the post:

9 Lives featuring Daniel Soliano Guerzo, Diasdado Soliano Guerzo, Joy Shavini Victor & Tommy

Sis and I with Joy 

Dado and I

The whole gang!

Dad (Shun Boy of Alleycats) jamming with the band!

Well, that's all for now! Till the next post!

Pa-alam!

Comments

menarik, i thinnk to do

Popular Posts