Exercising my right as a Malaysian!

Today, I will be voting for the first time in my life and I have to say, I am excited. Five years ago, I didn't really pay that much attention to the elections because for one, I was away at National Service and secondly, I was just not very interested.

When I turned 21, I registered as a voter and now, I truly feel involved and I feel like this time round, the campaigning from both sides have truly reached a fever pitch!

Being a first time voter, I was not very sure of who to vote because I have to admit, I was a bit divided. But, after reading the newspapers, watching the news and seeing the campaigning methods from both sides, I've finally made up my mind.

I truly feel that the voters from  my generation will make a huge difference in deciding who wins the elections and seeing how involved we are becoming, I think it is safe to say, that the youths are now ready to speak up for themselves and for our country. We may be young but we know our rights and we know what we want to see and we know what we want for a better future.

So, to all the first timers out there, vote wisely and vote for who you believe in!

Signing off for now,

Pa-alam!




Comments

Lee said…
Hi, good for you. Every vote counts, and yours can make a difference, who knows, right?
Have fun and keep a song in your heart.
Lee.

Popular Posts