The working life

It's been about a month since I last updated and since then, a number of things have changed. First big change, I am officially a working woman! Decided to follow my sister's footsteps and step into the world of the non-profit organisation.

When I was younger, I always had the dream of becoming a television VJ like on MTV or my dream job, to be working at E News and till now, that has not changed actually. I still have this dream of becoming one of the presenters of E News. Ask my friends and they'll tell you I'm not kidding!

However, being realistic (and also because there probably aren't any vacancies at E! Lol!), I decided to search for jobs closer to my home and came across this job vacancy at St Nicholas' Home. Now, I know most people would probably wonder why I decided to go with this job and not opt for corporate jobs.

Well, to me, I think this is a good place to start. It'll teach me lots of things. Working here for over a month has already been eventful. I've seen, heard and experience so many new things. It really makes me watch in awe how these visually impaired trainees go about their daily lives. They are so comfortable with their surroundings and they know the place perfectly like the back of their hands.

Working here has also given me the opportunity to work and meet with people from all over. I've met people from the Philippines, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Netherlands, Korea, Hong Kong and US.

So far, work has been okay. A lot of events coming up in the second half of the year so, let's see how everything goes.

Signing off for now,

Pa-alam!

Comments

Popular Posts