American Idol Season 11

American Idol has crown their new winner and it is now officially over! We no longer have to schedule our routines around Thursday and Friday nights. So did your favourite win?


Unfortunately (or fortunately?) for me, two of my favourites ended up in the finale, Jessica and Phillip. I was very happy to see both of them in the finale but it also made me sad as I wasn't quite sure who to support!

Jessica had the voice but Phillip also had it! I loved his style and interpretation of songs. My parents were not fans of him at all, they were supporting Jessica while my sis and I were always backing Phillip.

For their final performance, I thought Jessica's last song did not do her justice but it did suit her age. Maybe a song like Note To God by Charice would have suit her better? I don't know. Let's see what her first single will be. As for Phillip, I thought he did ok but I would have liked it if he had perform Volcano for one of his performances. As for his single, it kinda reminded me of one of Coldplay's songs actually.


Nevertheless, I am still happy that he won. I think he is only the second person I've supported from the start who have the won show. The first was Kris Allen.


With this group being one of the best groups in a long time, I expected more from the finale result show. It didn't have much excitement for me. I did enjoy some of the funny moments like Jimmy Iovine's mistakes, the "phone book" singing, etc. The overall best performance of the result finale though had to be Jessica and Jennifer Holiday performing "And I am Telling You". You literally felt like you had to hold your breath while they sang! It was that good! After watching this performance, it kinda made me sad that a girl didn't win it this season!

Overall, I enjoyed this season. It was definitely way better than the last few seasons. Now, if they decide to have another new season, hopefully they'll have an even better pool of talent and I'm praying that it'll be slightly more interesting.

Signing off for now,

pa-alam!

Comments

Popular Posts