The Vow

Guy meets girl, falls in love, get married and lead a happily married life until they get into a car accident and girl loses her memory.


That is basically the storyline of the romantic movie, The Vow. Ever since I saw the trailer of the movie last year, I knew I had to watch the movie. Being a hopeless romantic when it comes to books and movies, it was only natural that I watch the movie regardless of the negative reviews the movie got. Also, knowing that Channing Tatum would play the lead only reconfirm  my need to watch the movie. =)


Overall, I would say I enjoyed the movie. It really is the typical romance story with some cheesy lines and "in the rain" moments that would make any girl melt. Knowing that it is inspired by a true story also made the movie a bit more believable. Of course, I realise that not all the events that happened in the movie also happened in real life for the couple who inspired the movie.


Anyway, as much as I enjoyed the movie and the cast, I still felt like the movie lacked a certain something. I would have liked to see Leo (Channing Tatum) fight more or woo Paige (Rachel Mcadams) to win her back. I did feel kinda sad for Leo when you could see that he didn't fit into the life Paige used to have before he married her. 

Sam Neill and Jessica Lange, who played Paige's parents, also did well as the upper class parents who would do anything to try and get rid of Leo from Paige's life.


Therefore, I would recommend that you watch this movie only if you're a hopeless romantic like me and if you're a fan of Channing Tatum or Rachel Mcadams. I felt like the two of them played their parts really well and were probably the pull of the movie.


Oh yeah, for the real couple, the wife never got back her memory but are now still happily married and has two children. How do you top that? =)

Now I feel like I should probably read the book. =)

Signing off for now,

Pa-alam!


Comments

Popular Posts