Matthew Reilly

For the past one month or so, I've been caught up in a worldwind adventure around the globe. Travelling from China to Africa and even to Egypt!

Yes, I've been sucked into the world of fiction literature by a writer I now consider to be on my favourites list - Matthew Reilly! I first discovered his book from my mom and sis who couldn't stop gushing about the thrilling adventure book, The Seven Deadly Wonders.


If you enjoyed watching the Indiana Jones movies and reading Dan Brown's books such as the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, I guarantee, you'll definitely love his books, particularly this trilogy! Matthew Reilly manages to capture his reader's attention through his imaginative take on things. The adventures he comes up with makes it difficult for the reader to put the book down. And through his first book, he brings you back to the seven ancient wonders of the world. So, those history buffs will also enjoy this book.

After reading this book, I discovered there was a sequel to the book and sis and I immediately went on a hunt for the book! And the timing was perfect as I just collected my RM200 book vouchers, so it was the perfect time to buy the following books.


We also found out that after the Six Sacred Stones, there is another sequel to the book, called The Five Greatest Warriors! I would suggest that if possible, get all three books at the same time so that at least you'll get a continuous story! =)



The author is Australian, therefore don't be surprise that the hero of the book, Jack West Jr. is also Aussie. =)

So, the first book, is about Jack West Jr. and his team of small nations that goes on a quest to reassemble the Great Capstone atop the Pyramid of Giza to avoid a worldwide destruction. The country that sets the Golden Capstone stand to gain a millenium of world dominance, therefore, Jack and his team band together to try to avoid that from happening. The story begins with the team trying to locate pieces of the capstone that are hidden in the seven ancient wonders while trying to evade the bigger nations after them.

The second book continues 18 months after the first book whereby they realised that the event in the first book is just a trigger for a bigger disaster waiting to happen. Therefore, the team once again set upon finding the six sacred stones that will help them in their journey to avert the said disaster.

The last book, is a continuation of the sixth book which ends in a cliffhanger. The journey of Jack West and his team continues as they go in search of the Five Greatest Warriors, from Genghis Khan to Moses, who hold clues that will help the team in their mission.

I am currently reading the fifth book and I can't wait to find out what happens next! My mom and I have even thought about who would be the best actor to play the role of Jack if it was ever made into a movie and here's our choice:


Alex O' Loughlin!! He won us over after we watched him in the remake of Hawaii Five O! =D Though if this movie was ever made, the studio producing this movie would have to have a lot of financers!!

Oh well, I hope me gushing about this book series would make you interested enough to buy and read the books! If you've already read the books, leave me a comment on what you thought about it! =D

Till the next time,

pa-alam!!

Comments

Popular Posts