2012

2012 seems to be flying by like a jet plane. Believe it or not, it's already the mid of February! Since finishing college, I haven't been doing much. I've actually been taking on the role of a housewife actually. Staying at home, doing laundry, washing the dishes, cleaning the house and basically, just watching the TV. =) Not that I'm complaining coz frankly, I enjoy being home with nothing to worry about.

All that is about to change though with my final exam results out as that means, it is now time to look for a job and beginning the next chapter in my life. But, I'll save that for some other day.

So during CNY, I got the chance to meet up with some of my high school friends. Nicole came back from Adelaide and Sneha was also back on break. So we sort of had a mini-friends CNY reunion at Nicole's house. It was good being able to catch up and reminisce. Its amazing how talking about our past memories never fails to cheer us up and bring laughter all the time.

Even though it's only been two months since 2012 begin, the year has already seen the death of 2 musical greats, one local and one international. My granduncle, Salvador Guerzo, passed away at the end of January and just recently, Whitney Houston. What a way to start the year but that's just how life goes, right?

On a brighter note though, after many many months, our shop finally has a new stall! It's an Indian stall selling capati and roti jala. The food is great and the new stall seems to have brought a whole new surge of customers, old and new. At least, things are looking up for AGC for 2012. To brighten up the shop, sis and I also decorated the shop with ang pow packets for CNY and for Valentines, we re-used the ang pow packets and cut it into heart shapes! Eco-friendly decos!

This year also marked the first time I ever got chocolates for Valentines! Yes yes, sad to say, in the 21 years of my existence, I've never gotten choclates or flowers for Valentines before! Lol! Two customers at the shop bought Ferrero Rocher and Cadbury Gold chocolates for us. A box each! =) One even insisted on finding the one with a heart-shaped box (pic below) as he said it would have more meaning. haha!




 As for dad's 57th birthday this year, sis and I decided to share and buy a new handphone for him this year as his old phone was giving problems and the buttons were also starting to sink in. It was not a touch screen phone or anything but more of a practical keypad-pressing phone as my dad and technology still has a long way to go. He seems quite happy with it for now though he complained about it at first, so I suppose it was a timely and good present indeed!

Overall, in the past two months of 2012 alone has been sort of a roller coaster ride for my family though it's only the beginning of the year but I am really hoping the rest of the year will be much much better and hopefully, I'll have some good news to share, such as hopefully geting a good job soon. =)

Till the next post,

Pa-alam!!

Comments

Popular Posts