The end of another year

There is about 4 hours left to the new year and here I am stuck at home. Lol! What a year 2011 has been for me. I learned and experienced a lot this year. Had many happy moments and had sad moments all thrown in as well.

The year started off with me starting off with my internship. My first time really ever working and experiencing a 9 to 5 kinda of job. My first internship place which lasted a week straight without any break was like going through hell. With a boss that acted nice at first before turning into the dreaded boss that criticises your work and your academics. It was a tough lesson learned abou the different types of people you will encounter once you step out into the real world but a learning experience nevertheless. Working at Adventist after that turned out to be a blessing as this was where I got to showcase my skills in writing and even got a chance to become an emcee for a public event! =)



After internships, it was back to school for me. It was my second last semester which meant I was just two semesters away from completing my college years! August saw me turning the big 21! I became an official adult and even registred to become a voter this year. It was not a big celebration or anything but I had fun as my whole family was by my side and I even had one of my best friends with me to celebrate. Oh and I also became "high" for the first time! On wine!


This year also saw my grandparents, uncle and aunty coming down to Penang for a short visit. I haven't seen them in a while, so it was a pleasant surpise and time well spent! =)


In addition, I also did something I thought I would never do. I took part in Cleo's Clinique Star Tour 2011 where I got to have my makeup done professionally and also my hair. I then got my picture taken professionally as well. I didn't get shortlisted but I had a great time being able to do this with my college friends.


Towards the end of the year, it was the usual Raya, Deepavali and Christmas celebrations. Oh, not to forget, the MGSians had yet another reunion at Gurney! No matter how far some of us have left and no matter how long we've left school, that MGS bond somehow still keeps us all together. Of course, whenever the magnificent six is back on the island, we never fail to have sleepovers to catch up with one another. =)


Kiran and I also had a long string of  "dates" this year as she had a long six-month break. The aim was to get at least 50 pictures of us and I think we achieved it but that is yet to be confirmed. She'll be leaving tomorrow to the Land Down Under but that will be saved for another post. =) Sneha also celebrated her big 21st in November and this gave kiran and I the chance to wear our sarees!



The year has been filled with lots of ups and downs. From me turning 21 to my mum's big healthscare, it hasn't really been an easy or a continuos year of happiness for us but we made it through it all. It is still an uphill battle but things are looking promising for the year ahead.

As I write this, I am down to one exam paper left before I am done with college for good. Next step would be me against the working world. I'm not sure how prepared I am for that but I guess only time will tell.

2012 will be the year I grow up and face the world. 2012 will be the year where I start a whole new chapter of my life. 2012 will also see better prospects for my family, I hope. 

Let's see where 2012 takes me and next year, on December 31st 2012, I'll let you know how 2012 was and how much my life has changed since today.

So, here's wishing everyone a Blessed New Year and all the best!

Signing off for 2011,

pa-alam!!

Comments

Popular Posts