Lullabies

When a baby is born, mothers usually find a way to get their babies to sleep. They either hold you in your arms and rock you to sleep, or they hold you and sing lullabies or songs as you slowly drift to sleep and go to your baby dream land. It is a special time for mothers I guess as it is during this quiet times that a mother and child can bond.

My mother had a song for both me and my sister. It wasn't the usual children's song or nursery rhyme. She had an individual song for both of us.

Here's my song:


The song my mother used to hum or sing, I'm not really sure because I cannot remember is "My Cherie Amour" by Stevie Wonder and till today I still love this song! It's actually a song that Stevie Wonder wrote for his girlfriend back then and though it may be about a girl he was trying to court and not a song for a baby, it's still a really nice song and it's my song with my mother! =)

Whenever I listen to this song, I always think of my dearest mother and it warms my heart to know that we both have a special bonding song together. <3

The song my mother had for my sister was "Loving You" by Minnie Riperton. =)



So, what is your lullaby? =)

Signing off for now,
Pa-alam!! <3

Comments

Serene said…
my dad used to sing me Que Sera Sera =D

Popular Posts