A Change

Since small, I think I've only had about two or three different hairstyles. When I was born, as with the Indian customs, I had to be shaved bald. So, that was technically my first hairstyle. Yes, I was once bald! =)


Then came kindergarten and primary school where I had short hair till standard 3 (9 years old). I can still remember my friends telling me how I used to wear the netted hairband with that stern look on my face whenever I used to take care of the corridors during recess!! haha!


One thing that has not change since then is the fact that till today, I still wear hairbands and watches!! I was looking through my photo album last week and noticed that in almost all the pictures, I had both the hairband and watch!! =)


Then, from standard 4 onwards, right up to my last year in school, I had long hair. My hair was always tied up in a ponytail and it didn't change even when I went to college. I did cut off the length, from almost at my waist, to near shoulder-length.



Then, I went back to what I was comfortable with. As you can tell, I'm not very adventurous with my hair. I sort of have an emotional attachment to it or maybe it's just vanity, i'm not quite sure! But yeah, I grew my hair again. For others, it may seem like a hassle to have long hair, but I'm so used to it that I find it weird to have short hair as I have the perception that short hair does not suit my face.

2010

Anyway, this year, I decided that since I'm turning 21, I needed a change. I needed to give myself a makeover. So, my first step was clearing out my closet and giving away all my unwanted clothes. The second step was piercing my ears for the second time.

Early 2011
The third step was changing my hairtsyle. When I told people that I was gonna cut my hair, I had mixed reviews. Some told me to keep my hair, some said go ahead. I was a bit apprehensive about cutting my hair but finally, I just decided, I'm going to do it. And so, last Saturday, I did it.

Here's my new look:


When I first saw my hair after it was cut, I was upset! I didn't like it and I felt like I had a coconut shell on my head!! But now that it's been a few days, I'm getting accustomed to my new hair. Everyone said it was ok and that I look cute! =) My mum cstill cannot stop commenting on how much I look like her and since Saturday, she's been trying to find that one photograph to prove it to me! Lol!

Well, it is a refreshing change. I can't always be in my comfort zone now, can I? Even my dad told me that now is the time to experiment and try new things. So, I guess this is just the beginning. Let's see what is next in store for me. =)

Signing off for now,

Pa-alam!!

Comments

kah chun said…
vaysh, it look good neh..
i also make some changes on my hair.
is a good change for the 21st. CHEER..
SMURF..
Vayshna said…
Hey, Thanks!! =) Yup, it's a good change for both of us. You dyed your hair, right? Saw it on FB. Nice

Cheers! *High 4* Lol!

Popular Posts