Farewell to a longtime companion!

*It's gonna be a long post!*

It all started with my aunt who introduced me to no. 1 and no. 2. I started on no.2 before no.1 and I instantly got hooked! I had to have no.3 and from then on, I had no.4 to no.7 for all my birthdays the year it came out.

So, what am I talking about? HARRY POTTER!! I remember reading it back in primary school and since my sister had her hands on the first book, I actually started reading the second book before the first. But ever since then, I was instantly hooked to the series and I knew that it would serve as one of my best books ever!

I've been an avid HP fan ever since i read the first book and coincidentally, from the fourth book onwards, all the books came out close to my birthday and my aunt bought it everytime the book came out as a birthday gift for me! =) *Thank you so much aunty Lita* After reading the books, I was super excited when i found out the movies were being made. Of course, I had high hopes that the movie would be true to the book and the first movie did not dissapoint. The cast looked great and the story was almost exactly like the book. And since that first movie, all the HP movies became sort of like a family movie as we (i.e sis and I) made a pact with mum that we would watch all the HP movies together in the theatre.

Last monday, my whole family went to Gurney to catch Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2. I was excited but at the same time a little bit sad as I knew that after this movie, there would not be anymore Harry Potter to look forward to! Yes, as you probably would have noticed, I am a big fan of HP!!


Personally, I really enjoyed the movie. There was actaully a moment where I wanted to clap in the theatre!! LOL!! It was the part where Aberforth came and cast the "Patronus" spell against the Death Eaters! I thought that part looked really cool!! It was exciting from the start and because I enjoyed it so much, I felt the movie when too fast and it was over before I was ready to say goodbye!

There were some parts where I was kinda dissapointed. For example, the part where everyone returns in the Room of Requirement. It didnt happened exactly the same in the movie but it was exciting to see everyone together. I was looking forward to see Oliver Wood, but he was not there!! =(

The real dissapointment would be the end duel between HP and Voldemort. I did not expect Voldemort to die so easily in the movie and it was a bit anti-climatic! They should have showed it in a better way and make it more intense. The movie also did not truly show how Snape "protected" HP all this time and they just showed how much he loved Lily Potter. And they did not explain how Harry came to understand that he was actually the one who was in control of the Elder wand!

Gosh, from the way I'm writing, it sounds like I found so many flaws in the movie and did not enjoy it one bit but truthfully, I really did enjoy watching it and I actually feel like watching it again!!


I've had a great journey with Harry Potter, from the books to the movies. I basically grew up reading the books and watching the movies. It has been a part of my childhood! I feel like I grew up with these characters and  it has definitely been one of the best movie and book franchise in history! The fact that they managed to maintain the same cast for over a decade is truly amazing and that, i think has been one of the main factors contributing to their success. If one of the characters had been replaced, it would not have been the same.

Watching the 19 years later part in the movie made me feel sad. One, because it marked the end of the movie and secondly, because it meant there was no more HP anymore. Oh, and Harry's son in the movie is really really cute!! Lol!!

My journey with magic and wands has come to an end and i'll definitely miss anticipating the release of another book or movie. Imagine, I was actually one of the many people who woke up super early to be one of the first few to have the last Harry Potter book!! The Harry Potter experience will be with me for a long time to come and if one day I have children, I'll definitely make them read it as well!! Lol!

So, here I am, bidding farewell to my long time companion, who took me on adventures and introduced me to the world of magic. It showed me the meaning of friendship and love and this series has made me love reading even more! =)

Before I end my post, let me cast a few spells - Wingardium Leviosa! Expelliarmus! Expecto Patronum! Lumos! *LOL*


Till the next post, pa-alam!

Comments

Popular Posts