Great Music + Great Company



When you put some of the best musicians together in a place, you can be rest assured of music and performances of the highest quality. And on Sunday, March 27th 2011, that happened!

The music marathon extravaganza held at the Base Entertainment club in Bayview Hotel Georgetown as a tribute to the late Antonio Vincent of the Sweet September was the place to be on that Sunday. It was a night filled with music and musicians from the 60's right up to the new generation.





The marathon kicked off with speeches from my dad as the Head of Persatuan Karyawan, Uncle Balan ( U.Antonio's bro) and the deputy chief minister, YB Dr. P. Ramasamy. It was followed by the performance of the Brass band, a group featuring young, up and coming musicians. After that, it was just one great performance after another.




Dad has been planning this for weeks and we know how much effort he put in to make it a success. So, I was really glad that the event had a good turnout and everybody enjoyed themselves. I'm also glad that we got to do this for U.Antonio's family. We've been family friends for as long as I can remember and to see the response the tribute had was indeed great.



The event started at 2.45pm and though my sis and I had earlier agreed to head back home early because of work the next day, we just couldn't. We didn't want to miss all the fun and music! In the end, we left at around 3.15am!! Waking up the next morning at 6.40am was difficult but I don't regret my decision. =)



Among the bands/artistes who performed were Malaysian On Line (really enjoyed them), The Project Band, David Arumugam, The Rozells, Sweet September and Friends, The Four Divas (Mary Carlos, Rossa, Vergie), Spellbound, Jeep Band, Starlights and many more.






The highlight of the night for me was definitely at the end where my dad took the stage. After more than 15 years, he finally did what he does best. He went on stage and wowed the crowd with his fantastic guitar skills. The amazing thing was that the band he played with, nicknamed The 2am band, was made up of musicians who have never played together before and they sounded fantastic! The drummer was Tom from Headwin, singer - Radha Krishnan, keyboardist - from Spellbound band, bassist - not sure and lead guitar - Dad!




It was really great seeing my dad playing again as I've not seen him play in such a long time. I couldn't stop smilling watching him play. I recorded his performance and hopefully, I'll get it up soon. =)



Overall, I would say the event was a success and having my whole family there to enjoy the night made it even better. To Uncle Antonio, may you rest in peace and our thoughts are with you always! =)





Till the next post, paalam!

Comments

Popular Posts