Angsana Garden Cafe



I've mentioned my shop a couple of times on my blog but I've never really blogged about it. This shop, Angsana Garden Cafe (AGC), we've had it for almost five years and the people who have come and gone are really unique. This shop is like none other as you get the opportunity to meet people of all shape, sizes, characters, personalities, young, old and definitely, one of a kind. They each have very interesting life stories and since I started helping out in the shop, I've come to learn many of their stories.

The people who come to the shop are what you would call true regulars! They come EVERYDAY and drink the same thing everytime, that sometimes you do not even have to ask what they want. Also, if you're looking for a real One Malaysia shop, AGC is the place. The owners, i.e my family, are Indians, my mom is a filipino, the customers are of different races and the food sold is Malaysian & Indonesian. It is sometimes rare to see people of all races sitting down together at a shop but at AGC, it is something very common.



We even celebrate all the festivals at our shop. Christmas, Deepavali, Chinese New Year, Birthdays, New Year! And they, as in the customers, go all out to make sure that they celebrate in full force!! They chip in to buy the food and invite everyone to come over. It's like one big happy family.



These people are also genuinely good customers. Tell me, which customers would actually volunteer to help you clean the shop and buy for you food, be it rice, fried mee, kuih, biscuits, just coz they feel like doing it? And the people sometimes compete to see who can buy more food for my mum!! haha! My sis and I even got ang pau from one of the customers for Chinese New Year. They love coming to the shop so much, that whenever its an off day for the shop, they always complain about not having anywhere else to go!!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was helping my mom at the shop during the holidays and since I started, I even got myself a few new nicknames from the customers! Among them include, baby, princess, photostate and people have even said that my sis and I look like twins!!



The people/customers in the shop have become friends and one of the factors that I think draws them to the shop is my mom. She is the perfect hostess and the "taukeh-so" that everyone loves. She treats everyone at the shop as friends, she listens to their never-ending stories, provides them with the latest gossips (hehe!) and she has even learned the art of sign language from the deaf and dumb community that comes to the shop. She can actually have a conversation with them!



My mom has always been very good with her PR and communication skills. Everyone just loves talking to her because she makes everyone feel at ease. I think majority of the people come back to the shop everyday because of her. =)



Her birthday is in TWO days and everyone is already making a buzz and planning to do something big for her. She's turning 55 this year, so it's a big one! I can only imagine what the plans are. haha.... But at least it's nice to know that so many people care about her. =)

So, if you're ever around Farlim, feel free to drop by. It might not be a poshy place and it may look like any normal coffeeshop but at least, I can guarantee a place filled with lovely and friendly people with good drinks. =)

Oh yes, we're always looking for more stalls to come and sell food, so if you come across anyone interested in selling food at AGC, just drop by or leave a comment! =)

Till the next post,

Pa-alam!!


(p/s: Photos from Google Images and Facebook!)

Comments

SFGEMS said…
What a great advertisement for the shop! Good job, girl. I feel like going there now. LOL
Vayshna said…
hahaha... Thanks! You guys should come down to Penang again and meet all the new customers at the shop. =)
Anuroop reddy said…
nice blog u have here..... will comeback and read the other entries tooo...

yeah!! great way of promoting shop :P
Vayshna said…
To Anuroop Reddy:

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog. =) Visited your blog too, quite nice. Will visit it again. =)

Popular Posts