The Year 2010

The year is coming to an end and no matter what has happened, I'm sure the year has taught all of us something. I know I have learned a lot this year and experienced different things as well. So, before the year ends, here's a recap on some of the events I've had for the year 2010.



In the beginning of the year, during our last semester, the Diploma in PR students decided to have a Mass Communication Night. It was a night for everyone to let loose and celebrate the wonderful two years we had together, all the ups and downs and of course, celebrate the friendship between the students and lecturers.

Then, soon after completing my diploma, I continued with my advanced diploma. While most of my friends opted to continue in Kuala Lumpur, I decided to stay back in Penang. Though it was a bit weird not seeing the same faces in class with me, it was nevertheless the start of something great.

About a month into my advanced diploma, I had my diploma graduation and had the chance to meet up with all my former diploma mates. Thankfully, I managed to graduate with Distinction and I also bagged the Book Prize Award. =)



My first semester of Advanced Diploma was indeed challenging as the subjects were tougher and with all the new faces in class, it was also time to make new friends. With everyone coming from three different batches, we had a rocky start. However, we all had to come together for an assignment and through all the hardships we went through because of that assignment, we came out stronger and became closer to each other. Our 1 Love 1 Revolution - Be The Green Generation campaign proved to be a blessing as we really overcame lots of things together as a team and as a result, became close friends. =)





After all the drama, my big day finally arrived. I turn the big 2-0!! Yes, i finally left my teenage years and stepped into the world of the twenties. I celebrated my birthday in the shop with my family and got cake smeared all over my face But, I enjoyed myself. =)



2010 was also the year where I met up with my cousins from Denmark. They have been living in Denmark since young and rarely come to Malaysia. This year, they decided to visit the family in Penang with their mom so I had the opportunity to meet up with them at my grandma's house.



2010 was not only a year of making new friends and meeting up with cousins, but it was a year of saying goodbyes to old friends. Many of my former schoolmates left the country to continue their studies abroad. So, before they left we had a small gathering at Nando's in Gurney Plaza.



Jemimah came back to Penang as well so it was the perfect time for the magnificent six to get together again. The only sad part was that Nicole was not back yet. Nevertheless, we had a great time catching up, karaoke-ing and just spending time together just like the old times. <3




2010 has a been a year filled with good memories and good experiences. So, with 2011 approaching, let's say goodbye to 2010 with a big smile on our faces for all the joy and lessons it has taught us and let's welcome 2011 with open arms for all the new beginnings, experiences and happiness it will bring us.

HAPPY NEW YEAR my dear family, friends and readers! Cheers! =)

Signing off for now, see you in 2011! =) Pa-alam!!

Comments

Popular Posts