Diwali 2010



November 5th 2010 was Deepavali and since it fell on a Friday, I enjoyed a long and easy weekend. This year, nothing out of the ordinary happened but yet, it was still enjoyable. Deepavali is a time for family and friends to get together and coming from a big family, it's always nice to meet and catch up with cousins that we haven't seen in a while. It was a much quieter deepavali this year but nevertheless, we all had a great time.



As usual, on the eve, we went to my grandma's house for prayers and enjoyed some good Indian food. After prayers, a few of my cousins and us (i.e sis and me) played with firecrackers, the usual "pop-pop" and "sparklers". Dad and one of my uncle decided that was not enough and so, they decided to light up the long firecrackers to usher in Deepavali. =) After leaving my grandma's house, sis and I went to the shop to fetch my mum and if you have ever been to Farlim for Deepavali, then you would know just how the Indian community there usher in Deepavali. The amount of fireworks and crackers can rival those played during chinese new year!



The next day, on Deepavali day itself, we woke up, bathed, changed into our new clothes and headed to my grandma's house again to have some home-cooked tosai and chicken curry! After eating, it was time for our mandatory photo-taking session with all the cousins! =) (Pictures are up on Facebook). Deepavali this year was a rather quiet and relaxing one. Most of our time was spent either at home or at my grandma's house. We had plans to have a small dinner for a few friends but those friends couldn't make it, so we ended up staying at home and watching TV! haha.. Overall, I think we had a good deepavali weekend and because of how laid back the celebrations were this year, it proved to be a good Deepavali as everyone could truly relax and enjoy the holiday to its fullest! =)



Signing off for now, pa-alam!

Comments

Popular Posts