Time for celebration!

Deepavali is in four days!! Finally, all the shopping is done and all the muruku making is done as well. Unfortunately, our attempt at making the muruku ourselves this time did not turn out as expected. A few years back, we did it on our own at home and it turned out great! But this time, I have no idea what went wrong but our muruku turned our hard!! On the plus side though, the taste is fine. =) I guess we can just tell people that our muruku is the authentic kind and it is actually meant to be hard!! haha.. Not all is hard though, I'm pretty sure there are a few not-so-hard murukus in the tins! haha..

Besides doing our own muruku, we also decided to do our very own milk cookies, a recipe from my maternal grandma. It does not require any baking and is one of the easiest cookies to do although it takes time to do the shapes. Nevertheless, all the hard work paid off because after such a long time, we are doing this again and even though we promised not to touch any before deepavali, we can't help sneaking one or two whenever we open the fridge!! hehe..

So, plans are on track so far. We wanted to get a new couch before Deepavali and we did, we bought all our clothes and cookies before the start of my sister's meetings. So, I guess, everything is according to plan. All that's left to do is just clean the house a bit and then we'll be ready to celebrate!!

In one my previous post, I mentioned plans to go to one of my dad's friend's club on the 2nd night of Deepavali to celebrate and practice my pool skills but now it looks like that might not happen. But we're still planning on doing at least something at home so that our Deepavali this year would not be so boring! I just hope plans for this work out!! =)

Well, till the next post then. Signing off for now, pa-alam!!

Comments

Popular Posts