Last few days.....

It's Friday and I have only about two and half days left to enjoy the final days of my holidays before I switch my brain back into study mode. It'll be difficult considering how I've been spending the time watching LOTS of TV, reading story books, going out and listening to my MP3 majority of the time!

Anyway, in one of my previous post, I said that i'll update about my Raya weekend, but as you can see, I haven't and it's due to my laziness! But, since it's the end of my holidays, I might as well recap what I did for the last three weeks.

Let's start off with my Raya celebrations. Plans to go KL failed as transportation was a problem and also because we just couldn't decide whether or not to go. Finally, we just decided to enjoy the three day weekend with my mum right here in Penang. For Raya, we celebrated with my aunt at her house in Tanjung Tokong. The whole family i.e aunts, uncles, grandmothers and cousins gathered together and enjoyed the sumptious lunch prepared by my aunt. That weekend itself, we watched A-Team and Step Up. On Saturday, it was Lord Ganesha's birthday, so we decided to go to temple.

After temple, we had dinner and since dad had to go to his friend's club to oversee the band he is managing, my mum, sis, Prem and I decided to tag along to check out the place. It was an impromtu decision and we actually had a great time that night. There was also a pool table and since it's been awhile since my sis and I played, we decided to give it a try. I guess I was a bit "rusty" with my skills so much so that with my first hit, the ball flew off the table!!!! And the two games I played, well, I lost, even though I had a good partner! sigh... Anyway, because of the fun we had, Prem is actually planning to have another get together at the same place for Deepavali. Maybe, i'll get a chance to try my hand at pool again, and this time, i'll try to win! =)


The next day, we had a MGS gathering at Gurney. Jemimah was in penang and even Sneha was back from India, so finally, our "magnificent 6" were back together again, except for Nicole. At least 18 people showed up, even Joanne, the person who rarely shows up for this gatherings!! =) As expected, we made a lot of noise and our antics probably made most of the people walking by stare at us. It was a really great time to catch up with one another and take lots of pictures since everyone will be leaving for abroad soon.
Jamie was staying over at Kiran's house for the night, so I joined them for a mini sleepover. After the gathering at Nando's, we sent Jze Yuin back and the three of us headed to Bed and it was our first time to Bed as well.

The night ended with Kiran hijacking my facebook and doing all sorts of things with it. Thankfully, everyone knew that it wasn't me doing all that crazy stuff! =) The next morning, the plan was to go have Dim Sum, go to Red Box and then have a food hunt around Penang. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, plans just didnt materialise as how we expected. We did start out with Dim Sum, and then we headed to Gurney.

Even though it was a Monday, but Red Box was full! Kiran was so upset but the only thing we could do was put our name on the waiting list. As we had some time to kill, we decided to watch a movie. Then, thanks to Kiran's prayers I think, we got a room at Red Box. Kiran got to sing her heart out and there was nothing else we could do but indulge her by singing along. =)

After that, we had to send Jze Yuin home, and after such a long day, we too went our separate ways. It's been quite a while since the "magnificent 6" got together and when we do, we can be rest assured that our time together will definitely be spent laughing and just enjoying each other's company. We're not sure when we'll do this again, but I surely hope it'll be soon and that the next time, it'll be all six of us together again. =)


The rest of my holidays was spent going to the shop, watching TV and reading as many story books as I could. Last Monday however, my brother, Jared, was in town, so we met up with him in the shop. It's also been a while since we last saw him, so it was good to catch up. We had a great time laughing and remisniscing about the times we had. It kinda made me miss all the trips we used to take to KL every holiday and spending Christmas in KL. Hopefully, mum and dad will have some free time soon so that we can try to make that family trip again! =)

Well, that was how I spent my three weeks of holidays. I had a great time and even though I wish it could be longer, I know it's time to face college life again. Let's hope that the next semester will be a good one!! =)

Till the next post, pa-alam!!

Comments

Popular Posts