Turning TWENTY!

Well, it's official! I am out of my teenage years and I am now 20. Seriously, I can't believe how much time has passed and I am now in my twenties! My mum can actually say she has children who are in their twenties and it was just a couple of hours ago, she was telling me about how old she feels knowing that. She even said that people used to call her 'sister' or 'akah' but now, everyone is calling her 'aunty' and she's feeling old!! haha...



Anyway, last Sunday was my big day but we started the celebrations on Saturday night. As usual, for the past few years, we have been going to the shop whenever it is someone's birthday and this year, we did it again. We were suppose to have a nice dinner cooked by the Tomyam guy but unfortunately, he had problems with his car and so, he could not make it. Thus, we settled for KFC. =) It wasn't a big party or anything but I'm happy because my whole family was there and some close friends as well.


My sis and another friend, Prem wanted to get me drunk saying that I should do something wild for my birthday. And so, I had to drink but thankfully, I didn't drink that much and was still sober at the end of the night. =) When the clock finally struck 12am, I was bombarded with calls from my beloved family and friends who called to wish me happy birthday. Thank you so much for all the calls!! Surprisingly, for this birthday, I actually got calls from friends who I have not heard in a while and it made me really happy knowing that they actually remembered and took the trouble to call. It also gave us an opportunity to catch up on each other's lives.


Anyway, back to the celebration, Prem and my sis was having a hard time trying to light up the candles because of the strong wind and as a result, while they were trying to light, I had to simultaneously blow the candles off!! It was really funny. After that, we took lots of pictures and just chit chatted the whole night before Prem smeared cake cream all over my face!!!! On his next birthday, I am going to find a way to revenge!! haha... I have people to support me as well. *evil grin*

The next day, we went out for a family lunch at Mizi Bistro in New World Park. The food was good and the service was good too. After lunch, we came home and didn't do much after that. It was just a relaxing day. I spent the evening reading all my Facebook birthday wishes. =)

Overall, it was really an enjoyable birthday and a great start into my twenties. I felt really touched and happy with the many wishes I received and I can't thank everyone enough for making my day even better.


Oh yes, I forgot to mention about the presents I received. My mom gave me a bag, Trish gave me beautiful earrings and my sis got me an MP3 player!! I've always wanted one and now I have it!! So, once again, thank you for all the presents and wishes. I love you!!! =D


Till the next post, pa-alam!! =)

Comments

Popular Posts