A new decade

In about two days, i'll be turning a whole new number! The big 2-0!! I have no idea why, but I've been having a strange feeling about turning twenty. I don't even know what that feeling is. Is it excitement? Is it happiness? Or is the thought of turning twenty just freaking me out??

I know its not a really big number or anything but as of Sunday, i'll no longer be a teen and i'll officially be an adult. Whenever people ask me my age and I tell them i'm turning twenty, they usually just laugh and say, "oh, you're still young. You have a long way more to go". Even my sis has told me "20 is nothing, wait until you reach 25, then you'll begin to ask, where did the time go??".

So, is it really a big deal when someone turns twenty? It's a year till I become legal to do everything but somehow, this birthday also means a lot to me. It's not as though when I turn 20, something major is going to happen because, truthfully, age is just a number. And like what people say, as you grow older, you become wiser, so I should be happy right? =)

Maybe what I'm feeling is normal and maybe it's something that every 20 year olds go through. Maybe they experienced it when they turn 21 but I'm somehow experiencing it at the age of 2o. haha! Hmm... I'm really trying to figure out the feeling i'm having but I have no idea what it is. I guess I should just be positive and put that feeling down to excitement. After all, who doesn't get excited about one's birthday, right??

So far, I have no plans whatsoever for my birthday. The only thing I do know is that i'll be going to the shop on Saturday and probably have dinner and enjoy with my family. Then, on Sunday, I'm treating my whole family to a nice lunch! Can't wait for that!!

Alright then, that's all for now. For all the 20 year olds out there reading this, do let me know whether you felt anything about turning a whole new number! =D

Signing off, pa-alam!!

Comments

Popular Posts