Diploma Convocation 2010!

26th June 2010 marked a very special day in my life. It was my Diploma convocation!! =D As said in my previous post, my convocation was split into two sessions and mine was in the afternoon. So, in the morning, as usual, sis and I had to follow mom to the market and after market, we had to send the things up to the shop in Farlim.
As it was a really busy morning, when we got home, we had to rush to get ready because registration was at 12pm and I didn't want to be late. The worst thing was, traffic was unsually heavy yesterday. All the cars was just moving super slow and as I didn't want to be late, I felt really irritated at the speed the cars were moving. Nevertheless, I managed to reach right on the dot and met up with all my friends. Fortunately, the morning session was already done and so, I managed to call vanessa and took a picture with her, ann ting and joanne. Mission accomplished! *big smiles*

- Friends and schoolmates since standard 1! 1 hijau rules!! =D -

After rushing to take pics with them, I had to rush back to register my self and pin my robe properly. Then, it was time to line up to march into the hall. Surprisingly, everything was according to the timetable and even though I thought the timing would run seeing how everything looked so chaotic, but it didn't! Thank goodness everything was smooth flowing because if it had gone on longer than usual, I don't think my mom would have been able to stand it! haha!

After we were seated, the lecturers, head of branches and the principal all marched in wearing their robes and all. It was nice seeing all the lecturers looking so smart and gaya in their robes. The certificates in the morning session was given out by Dr.Ng Yen Yen while for the afternoon session, our principal Dr. Tan Chik Heok, gave us our certificates.

While the graduates before us were receiving their scrolls, ming ming and I spent the time catching up on stories since she left for KL while the rest were busy chit chatting and taking photos as well. It was fun catching up with everyone again and listening to stories about their lives in the KL campus as well as stories about Kampar from Chia Chia. It is also funny how it has only been a few months and yet so many things have already happened in everyone's lives.

Before we knew it, it was already our turn to line up at the side of the hall before going up on stage. Ming Ming was first followed by me. I was really praying hard hoping that whoever calls my name would pronounce it correctly and thankfully, the person who did pronounced it perfectly. Oh, I'm also very proud to announce that I got awarded the book prize as well!! =D


Everything ended at around 3 something and as soon as everyone left the hall, cameras could be seen flashing everywhere! The whole foyer was filled with beaming faces of the graduates and their parents. I had a hard time looking for my mom and sis!! Before my convo, mum and sis was telling me that they didnt want to buy me a bouquet as it was expensive but being the wonderful people that they are, they actually surprised me by buying me a bouquet with three teddy bears in it!! And it matches the colour of my robe - Purple!! =D

After exiting the hall, I tried to look for as many friends as possible to take pictures but due to the amount of people, I only managed to take picures with only a few of them. Even so, I am happy that I at least got to take pics with my closest friends in college. =D

Overall, attending this graduation was indeed one of the most happiest and proudest moment of my life. It really gave me a sense of accomplishment and it made me feel good that I managed to make my parents and sis feel proud of me.

Therefore, I would like to thank everyone (sis, mum, a.lita, u.stephen, dad, fellow classmates and lecturers) who has played a part in the successful completion of my diploma. I know I couldnt have done it without all of you!!! =D Love you lots! =)

Here are some pictures that I took. Full collection on Facebook! =)


Comments

Popular Posts