A new start

Ever since I completed my diploma, I was having a little trouble deciding where to continue my studies. However, after researching and listening to people's opinions on the various colleges that I was considering, I finally decided to continue with my Advanced Diploma in Penang TARC. I know i mentioned in one of my previous post that I didn't want to just have an Advanced Diploma but after much thought, I've decided that its ok. After all, I get to continue my advanced diploma for free! With that in mind and the fact that not many other colleges in Penang have the course i'm doing, I came to the conclusion to stick with TARC. As for the additional 3 months in UK upon the completion of my advanced diploma, we'll see how it goes and what happens. Many things can happen in 2 years and who knows, I may be able to go to UK for that 3 months! =) As for now, i'm just going to take one step at a time and see where this road leads me to.

It's been about 2 weeks since I started my advanced diploma and so far, it has not been easy. I feel like I am starting over in a new college even though I've been studying at the same college for the past 2 years!! This is because most of my friends decided to go to the KL campus instead of staying here in Penang. I do not why but according to them, they want a change of environment and to experience different things.

So, for now, I have a big mix of new coursemates studying with me. Students from previous batches who opted not to go to KL decided to continue their studies since they are offering advanced diploma for the first time in Penang. Therefore, I have students from the 2006, 2007 and 2008 batches! Only one of my former classmate is continuing with me and the rest of the 2008 batch are mostly from M56 and about 3 from M55. Though we were all from the same batch but there was some gap between us in the first week but now, we're starting to hang out together more often so I'm confident we will be able to blend it well.

However, there still seems to be some communication gap between us and our seniors from the 2007 batch. Even though we've tried our best to bridge the barrier, they still come across aloof and it is as if they try not to mix with us. I don't really know why but I hope as time goes by, we will be able to get along and make this class work. After all, there are only 23 of us.

Aside from that, even though I expected advanced diploma to be harder considering it is equivalent to a degree program, somehow the amount of things that we have to study and do still surprised me. There is so much more to read, research and discover! I'm starting to prepare myself for the hard and challenging road ahead of me and even though I know it will not be an easy path, I'm ready to step up to the challenge and do the best I can! I already took the first step and I can't back down or give up now. I keep telling myself, if I could do it for my Diploma, I can do it for my Advanced as well. I started off my diploma with a lot of apprehensions but i somehow managed to end it well. So why not do the same for my advance? It has a been rough start but it's slowly getting better and I just hope it keeps getting better! =)

The one thing that really sucks though is the fact that I have classes on Saturday!! So as of now, I no longer have the pleasure of enjoying a full weekend unless of course, any of the public holidays fall on a Saturday! =)

Well, that's what i've been up to for the past two weeks. Another long road ahead of me and I look forward to the numerous experiences I hope I will be gaining for the next 2 years or so. So, wish me luck on this new journey i'm embarking on! =)

Oh yes, before I end this post, here's a shout out to my late grandfather whose birthday happens to be today. Happy Birthday grandpa!! =)

Signing off, Pa-alam!

Comments

Popular Posts