The Moment of Truth

Thomas and Uber cup fever is running high throughout the whole of Malaysia. Be it on Facebook, MSN, blogs or newspapers, there are news about our Malaysian team's effort to bring back the Thomas Cup after 18 years.

I think this is the only sport in Malaysia where you can actually see and hear people talk about our Malaysian team. It's the only sport where people actually pay attention and support our team. It is definitely refreshing to see so much of home spirit for our players.

In my house, I have no other choice but to watch the tournament as my father is a big fan of badminton. I do support our team but at times it gets too frustrating for me that I have to take a break and just change the channel to calm myself down! At least I'm not as bad as my sister though who, while watching the match agaisnt Denmark, actually went out of the house so that she would not have to watch the match or even hear the commentary! She couldn't even eat for fear that she might throw up!! Imagine that!!

So far, the match against Japan was dissapointing as I felt the players didn't give it their all. But even so, it was definitely inapproriate for the fans in the stadium to react the way they did. They should show their support in good and in bad times. Nevertheless, the Malaysian team did do better in the match against Denmark. Wong Chun Hann could have won the game and the second doubles as well but at least they went all out trying to secure that last point even if it did fall short. It was lucky that Hafiz didn't crumble under the pressure and won the last vital point!

Today, in just a matter of hours, we will be facing our hardest enemy of all, CHINA! I have to admit that China does have a strong line up compared to our line up and China has been playing their best. Right now, it looks like Chong Wei carries the burden to win the first point. If or when he wins the point, at least it will give the rest of the players more confidence to win the match. Hopefully, seeing how successful Chong Wei has been this year, his luck will continue.

I know a lot of people will be on the edge of their seats tonight watching the thrilling match. I can only pray that Malaysia goes all out and give a good fight against China. So, let's all hope and pray together for victory!! Malaysia Boleh!!!! =)

Signing off for now, pa-alam!!

Comments

Popular Posts