Being the "older" daughter

Ever been in a situation where you are the youngest daughter in the family but always get mistaken as the elder daughter? Well, if you've been in my shoes, then you would know exactly how that feels. I am the younger daughter and yet 99.9% of the time, I get mistaken as the elder daughter!

Everywhere my sister and I go, be it to restaurants, parties or even just being introduced to my parents friends, I am always guessed as the elder daughter! Even yesterday, we were at the shop talking to a friend of my parents who we've met and talked to several times and yet when I said I was the younger sister, he didn't believe me! He even asked another friend to clarify whether I was telling the truth! It really is frustrating sometimes because my sister is SIX years elder than me and yet, she can pass of as the younger sister!!

The funny thing is everyone in my family looks young for their age except me! Even my aunts and uncles look young for their age. So, I really don't know where this "looking old" genes comes from. Even my mom couldn't come up with an answer when I asked her about it.

I've come to accept when people I meet ask me everytime "why are you so thin?" but i have not gotten used to the fact that people think I'm the older one. As for my sister, she is very happy that people often mistake her as the younger one so much so that now, she constantly tells people that I am the older one and the worst thing is, people believe her!! =(

I've come to the conclusion that the reason people often mistake me as the elder one is either because I wear glasses or because my face is wider than my sister. It's not as though I dress or wear clothes that make me look old. What do you think?

Oh well, I guess I slowly have to come to terms with the fact that I always look like the older sister. On the plus side though, I guess it will be easier for me to sneak into clubs that only allow people who are over 21 in! haha.. Maybe as time pass, people will begin to notice that I'm the younger sister but till then, I guess I just have to keep correcting people when they make that same mistake again! sigh...........

Signing off for now, Pa-alam!! =)

Comments

ravin said…
look at the bright side.....u can sneak into clubs...:)
Vayshna said…
Hey ravin,

Thanks for visiting my blog. Yup, i'm looking at it on the bright side! haha.. =)

Vayshna

Popular Posts