A Rediscovered Craze

Over the years, the tv stations have been catering to housewives by showing more soap operas and drama series, be it local or foreign. While it is fortunate for them as they get to de-stress after doing a mountain of housework, as for me, it is rather unfortunate because although I am not a housewife, I too have become addicted to these drama series!!

I guess it all begin when I watched my first filipino teleseries, Mula Sa Puso. Well, my mum started watching it and I just slowly catched on. I didn't really follow it religiously as I had school and the timing of the show was not suited to my timing. Nevertheless, from that show it moved on to another Spanish series called La Usurpadora and from then on, I was instantly hooked to watching filipino and spanish series! I guess it runs in the family because even my grandma and grandaunt are addicted to these shows! =)

I'm not sure if it is because of the storyline or the good looking hunks in the show that gets me addicted to it but the series really does its job by getting people addicted to the show. My sis and I have watched almost every Spanish or Filipino series shown on TV that we can now actually understand basic spanish and tagalog. I guess this is kinda of a good thing as we want to brush up on our Tagalog and at least learn how to speak it properly since we are half filipino. haha..

Anyway, I think for the past one or two years, I have not been watching any series as they have been showing less of it on Tv and even if they do show it, school was also a barrier because they always aired the show while I was in school. BUT, now that I am in college and classes are more flexible, I have rediscovered my craze!!

Since finishing my Diploma, I have more time to watch TV and the stations have been very good to me by showing TWO filipino dramas!! Even better, the shows are one after another! =D So, what are the two new shows? If you are a fan like I am, you would know but if you aren't, let me introduce it to you:

a) Tayong Dalawa @ The Two Of Us on Astro Prima

b) Lobo @ Shewolf - The Last Sentinel on TV3

The second one is more interesting as the guy is much more cuter than the guys in the first story. =) But, both of the storyline is quite interesting. To me, I feel that the characters in the series can cater to both the young and old. If you are more into the family dramas, watch the first one but if you don't mind some fantasy story then watch the second one. Both of the stories are different and if you want to know more about the story, you can google it. =)



For now, I am very happy because i have rediscovered my filipino series craze and to make it even better, there are eye candy in the series as well! =) Here's the guy that I am talking about:



This is Piolo Pascual and he is one of the HUNKS in the Philippines! =) If you don't think he looks cute in this pic, please google him and you'll see why I think he is cute and hot! =)

Well, I guess that's all for now. I'll update soon. Have to get ready to watch Tayong Dalawa and brush up on my tagalog.. =) Pa-alam mga kaibigan!

Comments

Popular Posts