A Mass Comm Night To Remember!

Last wednesday (31/3/10) was our Mass Communication Night 2010. For two years, we have been waiting to have this night as our course is the only course to have a night of our own. After much discussion, the hotel that we chose was Cititel Hotel.

Even weeks before the night itself, everyone was very excited and already planning trips to the mall to buy new dresses, clothes, etc. However, because of time constraints, there were no activities planned for the night until the very last moment. Even me, the emcee, only found out about the events of the night mere hours before the actual event!


Nevertheless, the night turned out to be a fantastic night where everyone had lots of fun and had moments to be remembered. TKC and I (pic) were the emcees, so we planned to arrive there at least 15 minutes before the night begun as the committee of the night was also supposed to arrive early. But, none of them were there and even at 7pm no one arrived! We understood because, after all, being Malaysians, we are never on time!! haha.. Slowly, people started to arrived and soon, the whole ballroom was crowded and as noisy as the market! And once everyone arrived and saw each other, you could see all the cameras flashing everywhere!

As soon as everyone settled, TKC and I welcomed everyone and to surprise my friends, I even welcomed them in Mandarin! =) Thankfully, with the help of my dear friends, I managed to pronounce all the words correctly and even got praised by my lecturer! haha.. The night started out with the opening ceremony where Mr.Amos gave a speech, followed by the drawing of the curtain to reveal the backdrop and lastly, the popping of the champagne. As all the tables were already filled with people, my whole gang and I had no place to sit so, we actually sat at the VIP table with our lecturers and principal. We even got free champagne coz we were sitting at the table and it tasted nice!

The events of the night started out with a lucky draw session and as luck would have it, my number was the first one to be picked out! If i'm not wrong, I think this is the first time I have ever won something in a lucky draw!

There were two lucky draw sessions and 3 games planned for the night. We also had the chance to vote for the Prom King and Queen of the night as well as the Best Dressed Male and Female. It was a really fun night as everyone was really sporting and didn't hesitate to take part in any of the games.





The first game was a "Touch and Guess" game where the guys were blindfolded and asked to guess the name of the female by touching their hand or face and listening to their voice. It was really funny seeing the guys trying to guess as all the girls disguised their voices on purpose. The second game was sort of like charades where the "chosen ones" had to imitate celebrities or their friends and the crowd had to guess. The last game was a passing the balloon game and two of our lecturers took part in the game. If you had walked in on this game without knowing who our lecurers were, you would not have been able to picked them out as their antics during the game was similar to the students!

After all the games and lucky draw session ended, some of my coursemates wanted to sing even though there was no music. We were not allowed to bring any music unless it was an original copy. After two of our coursemates sang, we managed to persuade our lecturers to go up on stage and sing! Being mass comm lecturers, they had to show their students that they were brave and sporting enough so, the 3 of them sang!






Our mass comm night this year was indeed a success. Even though we faced some difficulties in the planning stage such as choosing the venue as well as planning the events of the night, but everyone managed to pull through and made it a night to remember. Ms Lim was complaining before the event that our group was the most pasive group but after the night was over, even she complimented us by saying that the program for the night was the best in the past 3 years! Mr. Amos also said that we are what PR students should be after seeing us that night. I guess everyone really let loose that night and just had fun. Memories made that night will definitely be remembered for a long time to come.

To all my friends, this is the last week that we will be studying together and I am proud to call all of you my friends. My decision to come to TARC has been a good one and I am glad that even though I stepped into a place that was out of my comfort zone, but I managed to excel both academically and socially. The people that I have come to know in this two years has been sealed in a special place in my heart and I hope that once we all go our separate ways, we will all still remember the memories that we have shared throughout this two years! I thank you all for being my friends and may we continue to keep in touch! =)




[p/s: For more pictures, please visit my Facebook page! =) ]

Comments

SFGEMS said…
You should put the single picture up. I have it on my desktop now as my wallpaper. I think you look absolutely gorgeous in that picture.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vayshna said…
Thanks! =) Though I'm not quite sure which picture you are talking about.. Is it the one where i'm not looking at the camera? haha..

Popular Posts