American Idol

Once again, I am currently following the new season of American Idol. As you all know, my family and I have been following every season that they have showed on TV. I thought last season was great and all the contestants were very strong contenders. They were so good that it was hard to pick a favourite. In the end, it was down to Kris Allen and Adam Lambert. I supported Kris Allen and was happy that he won. =) But, Adam's songs are really catchy too and I currently love his new song "What Do You Want For Me".

Anyway, for this new season of AI, I find the contestants lacking in star power. I feel like they do not have the appeal or that X-factor needed even at this point of the competition. Unlike other seasons, I do not feel the need to watch every single episode of this season as well. It's as though American Idol reached its peak last year. But then again, that is only my opinion. Maybe other fans out there would beg to differ.

But even though it does'nt have the same excitement as all the other seasons had, I still find myself watching it as it somehow feels weird to not watch it. Having Ellen Degeneres as a new judge helps a bit as I like her and I miss watching her Ellen Degeneres show on Star World. I wonder when they'll start airing it again.... It is also Simon's last year as a judge on the show and I'm wondering whether the show will continue to receive high ratings with him gone next year..

Simon said that this year would be a girls year but as the weeks go by, more girls are being kicked off and even today, another girl, Siobhan was kicked off! But, I am happy that the person I am supporting, Crystal Bowersox, is still in the running!! She's the only one who has done well every week. I liked her from the Vegas week itself when I heard her singing "Natural Woman". But if the luck of the girls continue to go downhill, I'll maybe start supporting Lee Dewyze. He is starting to grow on me. My sis is also supporting Crystal, I think. As for my dad, he says he likes Casey James and he thinks Aaron Kelly has a good voice. Oh well, I guess I just have to continue watching to see who will win. Go Crystal!! =)
Signing off for now, Pa-alam!!

Comments

Popular Posts