Celebrations!

First of all, here's wishing everyone a very HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!! Together, let us usher in the year of the Tiger and may it bring us prosperity, love, good health and joy always!!

Secondly, Happy Valentine's Day to all who believe in the power of love! I believe that Valentine's Day is not only for those who are married or in a relationship but it is for everyone as this is the day to celebrate all forms of LOVE! =) So, this year, my Valentine date will be my dear family and friends! ;p

Anyway, yesterday was the eve of CNY and as usual, my chinese neighbours next door invited us over to join in their celebration and have dinner. After having a good meal, we then decided to go to my grandma's house as my aunts and uncles came back for the holidays.

It's always nice to have the family all together again under the same roof as every minute is spent with good conversations and laughter. Even as we were walking towards the house, we could hear the voices from at least four houses away!! haha... So, yesterday, it was sort of like a reunion party for us as well. =)

Brothers and sisters were reminiscing about their naughty and cheeky antics, telling us kids how they used to steal F & N bottles from the big lorry parked outside their house, or how the boys used to sneak out to go swimming without my grandfather knowing but still end up getting caught and how they used to cheat the hawker sellers into giving them more. Listening to their stories made me realise that they had such a fun childhood and I guess having 11 brothers and sisters helped in making the experiences more fun.

After spending nearly 3 hours just talking and laughing, we came back as dad had promised his friends that he would join them for their CNY party. Next morning (today), sis had a wedding to attend so she went for that while the rest of us just lazed around at home.

There are no plans for later this evening, so I'll just have to wait and see how my CNY celebrations will continue on... =)

Till the next post, Pa-Alam!! =)

Comments

Popular Posts