I'm baaack!!!

Hello everyone!! Finally after a loooong leave of absence, I am back! This absence was caused by nothing else but my exams. But, as of last Wednesday, i am now completely exam- free for at least 3 weeks!! woohoo!! =)

It is such a relief to finally be able to watch all my favourite TV shows without having a lingering feeling of guilt hanging over me! To top it all, it's awards season now so I get to watch all the Award shows that they show on TV LIVE! (Am currently counting the hours to the Grammy's tomorrow!)*colgate smile*

If you know me well enough, you would know that I am TV addict, so much so that my family calls me the "walking TV guide"!! That is why, it is not surprising to them that I actually have a TV show to watch every single day! haha.. I know it is not healthy to watch too much of TV but, I can't help myself. I'm even happier that there is a new Filipino series on Astro now as well and I can once again reconnect with my filipino side! *big smiles*

Anyway, it's Thaipusam this weekend and later tonight, the Silver Chariot will be making it's journey back from the temple. Last Friday, I woke up at around 6am to follow my aunts, uncle and cousins to the Hilltop Waterfall temple. We went to Penang Street first to see the chariot before making our way to the Waterall Temple. It is easier to carry milk or pal kudam on the eve as there are lesser people and chances of you going up to the temple is higher. My family and I were suppose to go back to Waterfall later that night to see the chariot arriving but as my sister was feeling unwell, we decided not to go.

Last night, since sis was feeling better, we decided to go and pray as well as see some kavadis at Waterfalls. After having dinner at a coffee shop nearby, we then made our way through the heavy traffic of people towards the temple. After praying, we decided to stick around for awhile to see the procession of kavadis carried by the devotees. It is really fascinating and remarkable to see people of different races piercing their bodies or pulling heavy mini chariots to fulfill vows of their own. You can see their strong faith in God and I really admire the devotion they have. =)

So far, I have had a rather spiritual start to my holidays and the TV has been my faithful companion. I wonder what other intereting things or activities this holiday of mine would bring. =) But to my all my fellow TARCians, have a great semester break! =)

Pa-alam!

Comments

Popular Posts