This Is It

"I never heard a single word about you
Falling in love wasn't my plan
I never thought that I would be your lover
Come on babe, please understand"
~Michael Jackson, This is it~


Being a fan of Michael Jackson, it is not surprising that I went to the theatre to watch Michael Jackson - This Is It on Friday night. Reading the newspapers about how over 10 000 tickets were already sold and that in most countries, tickets were all sold out, it made me and sister wonder if there were ANY tickets left for us to watch considering that we didn't book the tickets earlier.

But, thanks to Trish, who watched the movie on the opening day, she helped us checked whether there were any tickets left and there was! So, she bought the tickets for us and we were set to watch the movie/documentary. However, before we could rejoice, there were some problems with dad who complained that he needed the car and wouldn't be able to fetch us. He was making a big fuss about it so we called our aunt and asked whether she could fetch us and she happily said yes! So with our problem solved, we could happily rejoice in us being able to get tickets. =)

The next day, plans were changed again and instead of my aunt sending us there, sis decided to have dinner with Trish first before the movie. And dad changed his mind and said he could fetch us. Sometimes, he can be really fickle-minded but as it didn't mean any serious alterations to our plans, we just agreed to let him fetch us.

Now, as I said earlier, I am a fan of MJ and so I was very excited to watch the movie. As soon as I heard the opening song, I instantly smiled! haha... Like what all the reviews said, after watching this movie, you just knew what a fantastic concert it would have been. The musicians were REALLY GOOD, the dancers were GREAT and of course, even though he looks like he has aged but he could still sing and dance!

Everyone says that he usually mimes his singing but after watching this, I can sincerely say that he can still sing. His voice is still melodious!! Yes I admit that he can't really reach some of those higher notes but his voice is still there.

The graphics for the concert was also great! They were even planning to do Thriller in 3-D! It really would have been a great concert. I would say that he could have done the concert because he looked so energetic dancing and jumping up and down BUT I don't think he would have been able to do 50 shows.

Overall, I enjoyed it and so did my sister. It made me want to go back and listen to all his songs again! hahaha...

Well, that's all for now! Pa-alam!! =)

Comments

Popular Posts