The past week

I haven't updated in quite awhile and the reason for my infrequent updates? ASSIGNMENTS!! College life is like a never ending road of assignments and even though I only have four subjects for this semester, I feel like the assignments we have are twice the amount compared to all our other semesters with six subjects!!

Anyway, for this past week, my group members and I have been busy running around Penang trying to convince people to give us FREE food. Yes, you read it correct, free food. Why? Because, for one of my papers, we are required to produce a magazine and the topic we chose for our magazine is Food In Penang. It has been fun going around talking to all these hawker people and seeing the pride and joy they have in their food. They willingly offer us free food without us even asking whether we can have a sample of their food! =)

The not-so-fun side however is the loooong hours. I wake up at 6.40am to get ready for class and then don't go home till around 7 something at night!! It has really been exhausting even though the free food has been a joy! The other "un-fun" side is convincing RESTAURANTS to advertise in our magazine. Even with the low prices set, it is still hard to convince them. So far, it has been going well. I can only hope that things continue going as smoothly. =)

Assignments aside, last night was another Friday Night Outing for me and my sis. If you have noticed, we have been going out quite frequently on weekends and if you know us, this is quite an abnormality for us. We are considered "homebodies" and rarely ever go out or even have drinking sprees! But, for the past few weeks, our routine has been broken and last night, we went to QE2. It was a first for us and the place is kinda nice.

It was Ladies Night at QE2, so we had free drinks from 8.30pm to 10.30pm. =) After having tasted quite a few drinks that tasted only so-so, I finally found a drink that I actually like! I think it was QE2's own concoction though, so I doubt i'll be able to order it anywhere else. The drink was called Blossom and it was a vodka cocktail. It was so nice that I actually had four of it! The best thing was, I didn't even feel tipsy or anything! hahaha...

It is funny though that all this night outings haven't been with my friends and instead, I have been going out with a bunch of 25 year olds, i.e sister's friends! Not that they are unfriendly or anything, they are really nice and fun people, though at times I can't help but feel like a tag-along! haha... =) Well hopefully, the next time, I get to bring my friends along as well, then the group will be bigger and we'll have more fun!! =)

That's all for now! I'll update soon. Pa-alam!! =)

Comments

Popular Posts