Black Eyed Peas at Arthur's Day

As mentioned in my previous post, everything was set for me to go to KL to watch BEP performing at Arthur's Day and so, on Friday, the 25th of September, with my dad, I hopped on the bus and took the long four hour trip all the way to KL.

As there was nothing better for me to do on the bus, i slept the whole way and when we finally reached the KTM station, we headed straight to my uncle's (dad's bro) house. The plan for the day was to go to my uncle's house, have lunch, rest and then wait for my aunt (mum's sis) to fetch us to Sunway Lagoon. But plans suddenly changed as my aunt decided not to go, so the tickets went to my brother, Jared and his girlfriend, Denise. I only got complimentary tickets while dad got 1 VIP ticket, so he couldn't be with me for the concert. He got to mingle with all the "big shots" i.e. the ministers and organisers AND all the VIPs were also treated to free flow of drinks!!

The event was scheduled to start at 8pm but since we didn't want to have any trouble finding parking place, we left the house at 6pm. We parked at Sunway Pyramid and then headed to Subway for some food. After that, we went to wait at the entrance of Sunway Lagoon as the doors were not opened yet. While they were talking to their friends, I had the opportunity to do some "people-watch"! You should have seen what the girls wore!! They were all dressed to kill, with 5 inch-heels, revealing tops and all!! It was like watching a runway show of all the latest trends!! haha..

Around 8 something, we finaly went in. The event was on the Surf Beach (the water was all drained out) and when we went in, Reshmonu just started performing. He even teased the crowd by playing the song "I've got a feeling" and you could just see everyone running towards the stage thinking it was BEP!

While waiting for BEP to come on stage, we just sat around, behind the crowd, listening to all the artistes such as Joe Flizzow, DJ Hotdog and M16 from Taiwan. There were also people selling food and drinks but of course, the prices of the food was sky high! They were selling things like a can of coke for RM5 and personal pan pizzas for RM10 per box!!

Anyway, as the opening acts were finishing their performances, together with denise and her friends, we tried to push our way through the crowd to reach as near as possible to the stage in order to have a better view. The pushing paid off as we managed to get a good view of the stage and it was kinda near. Before BEP came on though, there was a loooong wait as the musicians did another sound check on stage and when BEP finally came on stage, the crowd went WILD!! I too became one of those people you see on TV, cheering and jumping up & down (minus the crying!). When you're surrounded by so many people having fun and doing all that, you can't help but feel the mood and join in as well. I had a really fantastic time singing along to songs like Big Girls Don't Cry, I've got a Feeling, Let's Get It Started, Pump It; jumping like crazy and cheering the Black Eyed Peas. It's definitely a once in a lifetime chance for me to see them and it was worth it.

At the end of the show, there were also fireworks that could rival the ones we have during our Merdeka celebration. It was beautiful and they even had one in the form of a heart! hahaha... Overall, I had a really great time and it was well worth the trip to KL. It definitely made my semester holiday more memorable!! =)'

Here are some of the pictures that I manage to take:-




Well, that's all for now. For more pictures, go to my Facebook, alright? Pa-alam! =)

Comments

Popular Posts