What's new?

So, what's new in the life of a 19 year old?? Well, since turning 19 on Saturday, nothing much has happened.. It's just the same old routine day in, day out.

Even my birthday this year was a very quiet affair without any cake (not counting the surprise one at seoul garden) or a big celebration. But it doesn't matter, times are bad and not many people are hanging out as well due to the current H1N1 situation.

Anyway, here's what happened on my birthday this year.. First of all, on the eve of my birthday, I was left alone at home as mum went to the shop, dad went out to meet some people and my sis went out with her friend. So, since there was nothing on TV, I spent the time I had alone surfing the net and chatting with friends. And when the clock struck 12am, I received the first phone call from my beloved aunt and uncle all the way from Singapore followed by another phone call from FOXY. ;-) My sis then came home, and as I opened the gift she bought for me (she insisted on putting cellophane tape on the plastic bag even though I already knew what it was just so I would have something to open on my bday), I was also replying to all my friends and family members who wished me. As I opened the gift my sis got for me, I realised she got me a smaller gift too. She got me a new pair of earrings! =)

The next day, I woke up around 9 something and started to plan activities for the day as for some reason I felt REALLY bored even though I do the same thing ever week which was staying at home. haha... Anyway, I had already planned to "belanja" my family pizza as it is some sort like a tradition when it comes to my birthday to eat pizza. After doing some shopping, we were on the way to Dominos when my mum said she didn't want to eat pizza and instead wanted Lasagne so we headed to Secret Recipe at Gurney, only to find NO parking space.

In the end, we ended up going to New World Park to search for a nice restaurant. We finally settled at Mitzi Bistro. I forgot to take the camera but I liked the whole setting of the place and the food there was good especially the mushroom soup. It was really rich and did not taste like the typical cheap mushroom soup you would normally get at other restaurants. After a hearty meal, we went to De Santia bridal house to find out the graduation pics packages for my sis. She is finally getting her long awaited dream and I am truly really happy for her. Even though it won't be the typical and conventional graduation but at least she will be getting the recognition and acknowledgement that she has long been waiting for. =)

Back to my birthday, that night, we followed mum to the shop as we had nothing else to do. After having dinner, we came back and watched Grey's Anatomy (LOVE IT!!) before going back to the shop for a drinking spree!! Unfortunately, for some reason, I didn't feel well that night and only managed to drink half the glass of the CHARDONNAY. =(

Overall though, I had fun talking and joking with one another and I realised that sometimes you don't need to have a big celebration or have lots of friends around you in order to enjoy your birthday. Sometimes, just having your family and the people who love you the most with you is enough. =)


*In case your wondering, dad didnt come to the shop so had no picture taken with him*

Comments

Popular Posts