The final chapter of my teenage years...

In approximately 2 hours, i will be stepping into the final chapter of my teenage years... Even though to many, 19 is still considered young and I still have a long way more to go, but to me I feel like it is like a milestone in one's life. It seems like just yesterday that I was telling my mum back in standard one that I have so many years more to go to finish school and now, it's been TWO years since I LEFT school! So much has happened since then and I can't believe that I am actually turning 19!! It is the last year where I can call myself a teen!! hahaha... So, before I step into my last year as a teenager, let me recap some of the highlights of my 18th year on earth!

The biggest achievement that I gained in the past year was of course my DRIVING LICENSE!! After two years of waiting and hoping, one of my dreams finally came true. Of course, nothing is perfect and I had a rather inconsiderate driving instructor who was kinda rude at the beginning but in the end, he somehow changed for the better. But, the past is the past and now, I officially have my very own driving license! =) *colgate smile*

Besides that, I also successfully completed the first year of my diploma studies! A year flew by so fast and now, without even realising it, it's already the end of my first semester of my second year! Even though i thought I would not get used to my college but over time, i think i have adapted really well and have formed some good friendships with my fellow classmates. =) And in the process, I also successfully held my very first event! First steps or rather baby steps into the world of event management! hahaha... =)

Not to forget, this year was also the very first time I wore a saree after several years of managing to dodge the very idea of wearing one! Who would have thought that learning to wear a saree would actually get me an 'A' for public speaking?? hahaha... I also realised that wearing a saree wasn't really uncomfortable as i thought it would be and wearing it actually made me stand straighter!! So, girls, if u wanna learn how to stand straight, wear a tight saree blouse and a saree! hahahah... =)

I also went to Ipoh for the very first time in my life and finally went back to KL after a very very long time. I had a great time at both states and i can't wait to go back! hahaha..... I have so many other places I would like to visit.. Maybe one day, I have to go on a road trip around Malaysia. Now, wouldn't that be interesting?? haha.. =)

So, overall, I've had a really great year and I had a lot of fun. Of course, everything was not as smooth sailing as I wanted it to be but everything can't be perfect, right? I'm just blessed that everything I wanted and prayed for went well and that everyone I love was safe and healthy throughout the year. I can only pray and wish that this new year of my life would be the same if not better! =)

So, to all of my family, friends and readers out there who will be celebrating your birthday together with me, I wish you and me Happy Birthday and may God Bless all of us always!! =)

Comments

Popular Posts