Welcome To Ipoh!

Last weekend, after an impromtu decision, my dad, sis and I headed to Ipoh to visit some relatives who just moved there. When my mom told me that my sis and I had to go, I was reluctant as I was suppose to have my 4 Mid-Term tests this week. BUT, after some brainwashing from my dad and him telling me with a pitiful look on his face "I'll be so happy if you could come", I couldn't say no.

So, the next day(Saturday), we were off to Ipoh with my aunt. Mom couldn't come as she had to take care of the shop. The journey was smooth right up until we reach the toll and because of our lack of concentration, we missed the exit to Ipoh and ended up going on the road to Kuala Lumpur instead!! We had to call my uncle to ask him how to get off and after some explanation, we were told travel all the way to Simpang Pulai. From there, he guided us all the way to his house with him meeting us halfway.

Upon reaching there, we were greeted by my grandmother, dad's sis & family from KL and my uncle's family in Ipoh. The day was spent eating fruits where I ate mangosteen for the FIRST TIME! I never tried it for fear of staining my clothes with the juice.. Anyway, after a short nap, time was spent watching the MU vs Malaysia game, playing badminton & snooker while I tried to get some revision but somehow, I just couldn't put my mind to it. Probably because I was jealous of all the fun happening around me! hahaha...

At night, we went out to makan at a coffeeshop where we had butter prawns, thai-style fried fish, petai, japanese tofu and so on.. I especially loved the Butter Prawns!! =) After that, we went for a ride around Ipoh town and I must say, certain parts of Ipoh reminded me of Penang and Taiping.

The next day, we were suppose to go Kampung Kacang Puteh to buy some famous keropok but we detoured and ended up heading to Tasik Gunung Lang instead.

Isn't it beautiful?? Opposite the lake is a park where supposedly there is a zoo with ostrich, camles and poultry animals. We didn't see it though. There was also a big children's game park and wooden kampung houses. The place was beautiful and in the future, it seems people would be able to have barbecues and picnics there as well..

Overall, It was a really beautiful place and hopefully, the next time, I would get to see the caves there! =)

We left that evening around 3.30pm and reached home at 5pm. Even though it was a tiring weekend and I was reluctant to go at the beginning, but I have to admit that I did have a nice time. I would do it again provided that I have a long weekend or holiday to fully enjoy myself! =)


Comments

Popular Posts