The weekend

Last Saturday(yesterday), after mush protest for the whole week, I attended my sister's NGO family day. It was suppose to be an outdoor event thing for the morning but as everyone probably knows by now, Saturday was a super rainy day! It rained and rained the WHOLE day and the wind was the kind that could probably make me and my sis fly away!! hahaha....

Anyway, we reached Sandy Bay Paradise at about 8.15am. Mom and dad didn't want to follow so it was just me and sis. The swimming pool area was sooo nice that it made me miss the days I used to stay at Parkroyal when I was much younger! =) Breakfast there was just bihun and sandwiches. Around 9am, the games started and it lasted throughout the day with breaks for lunch and tea. Overall, it was a fun but tiring day. I got to meet all of my sister's colleagues and I got to meet a really really cute 2 year old boy!! He was soo cute! =) No pic of him though... There was also a lucky draw session for the staff members so my sister was hoping to win either the barbecue grill set or the barbecue dinner BUT as luck would have it, we didn't get any of the prizes! =(

Today(sunday), my sister wanted to trim her hair as she recently found two split ends and she was furious!! So, we decided to take mum's car since it had the radio. We went to the bank to check something and we going smoothly till we stopped at the traffic light when suddenly............

THE CAR ENGINE DIED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!!!!!!

Now, this traffic light was thankfully near my house but it's also one of the bussiest traffic light stop! Imagine our horror when we couldn't start the engine! There we were in the middle of the road with cars zooming past us, alarm ringing like crazy and not knowing what to do. Thank goodness for our handphone! hahaha...So, we called dad and he came to get us. I always thought that you couldn't push auto cars but we somehow managed to push the car to the side of the road then dad took over. He told us to take the other car and finish whatever we had to do.

To make things worst, as I was running to the car, my shoe broke!! Luck was somehow just not on my side today... There was an extra pair of flip flops in the car so we didn't have to waste time going all the way back home again. In the end, sis managed to trim her hair and as for the car, it is currently "on a break". It will go for "surgery" tomorrow so, for the time being, we have to make do with the Kancil. *sigh*

Anyway, tomorrow is my first public speaking presentation so wish me luck! =)

Till the next time, pa-alam! =)

Comments

Starmandala said…
Vayshna, 0 Vayshna.... I come to your blog and burst into tears... because I don't qualify to be blogrolled... and I thought we were friends!!! :-(

Heh heh... just teasing you lah. It was so nice meeting you & your sis in Penang last December. Hope one day our orbits will intersect again :-)

Lots of love,
Antares
~^@^~

P.S. Didn't know you have a blog till I tracked you here from Lita's blog!
Vayshna said…
Hey! Thanks for dropping by! No problem, you'll be in my list of friends now! heheh...

It was great meeting you as well. Till we meet again next time! =)

Popular Posts