It's the final countdown!!

In less than a week the much anticipated PR Fair 2009 will finally come to life!
It is the final week for preparations and final plannings. And as luck would have it, anything that could go wrong, went wrong yesterday.
First of all, there were some minor conflicts between group members. I understand that sometimes when the stress gets to you and things start going wrong, you just feel as though everything is wrong.
Secondly, the group we invited to perform for our opening ceremony called and told us that they would not be able to make it.
THEN, there were some problems with our 2nd banner as we found out that the company we approached was NOT a banner printing company and instead an advertising company!
NEXT, we found out that one of our co-sponsors for our prizes only gave us the things we were suppose to sell and not the prizes itself!! So, we had to wait and we had no idea what time he was suppose to come.
Imagine getting this early in the morning on the final week before your big event!! BUT, even though I felt quite dejected at the sudden wrong turn of things, some of my members consoled me by telling me to cheer up because if I, as the event coordinator, start to feel down, how will I be able to motivate the rest???
So, i pulled myself together and with the rest of my members, we brainstormed and tried to deal with the situation the best we could.
After discussing and making a few phone calls, things started to come together. First, the minor conflict between members was overcomed through compromise and teamwork. Then we decided to pick one of our classmate who is a part-time singer to help us with our opening ceremony by singing for us. As for the 2nd banner, after talking to the company, the guy told us that since he can't print the banner for us, we could send it to a banner shop and he would pay for us!! How nice, rite? =) Lastly, after yet another phone call, our prizes finally came and we took advantage of the 3 hours of spare time we had to pack all our prizes! So, at 1.30pm on Thursday, we manage to solve all of our problems and we finalised everything!
Only some minor stuff are left to be done which I hope will be completed by Monday. I trust the competence of my group members and with the added stress that they have I'm sure it'll only motivate them to work harder! hahaha....I'm really glad that everyone is able to work well with each other. Even though I know I have done my part but I feel at times that maybe I have not done enough. I'm not sure what else I can do to make me feel like I have done my all. I do also hope that my members feel satisfied with the work that I have done. I just hope that on the 5th of August, everything that we have worked hard for, for this last 2 months will be a great success and proof of our great team work! =)

Comments

Popular Posts