MJ weekend mania

I have spent the whole weekend just listening and watching everything connected to Michael Jackson!! It is partly out of choice and out of the scheduling of programmes on TV and radio.

I'm not complaining though coz to me, his songs are timeless and no matter how many millions of times you listen to the songs, you can never get bored or sick of listening to it! Songs like Do You Remember The Time, Dirty Diana, Beat It, I Wanna Rock With You, Bad, Blood Is On The Dance Floor, etc. I have to admit though that I have NEVER heard sooo many of his songs constantly before. It's like being locked in a room with only his songs on constant replay.

Three days have passed and everyone is still talking about his untimely death and the great artiste that he was. No confirmation has been given to the cause of his death but one thing that everyone is sure of is that is was just a really unpredictable death and it even overshadowed the passing of Farrah Fawcett...

Anyway, besides spending nearly every waking moment at home watching everything involving MJ, my sis and I also spent some time with my grandmothers. Since we had nothing to do yesterday, we decided to go and visit the 'oldies' and have some homemade tea and just spend some quality time. While we were there, we were listening to stories from my grandaunt about her children and grandchildren. About how (in her own words) psycho her daughter is for disapproving of her daughter's relationship with her bf of 6 months.... And seeing the relationship between this grandaunt of mine and my grandmother sort of gave me a glimpse of how my future with my sis would be like!! Even today at the age of 78, they call each other "donkeys" and "monkeys" and tease each other about minor stuff. She even told us that we should go out, have fun and not just stay at home coz we are still young.....It's really fun having grandmothers and grandaunts who are open and fun to talk too.... hahah...=)

Now back to MJ, I can't seem to get enough of him and I still can't believe that he is gone. But, that's life, right? Everyone has to go at some point...But for now, as long as I am able to stand and not get bored, I will continue listening to his songs and i will keep looking out for updates about him....=)


Comments

Popular Posts