Make It Happen!

Finally! We (kiran and i) went on our long-awaited "date"! But first, being the dutiful daughter that I am, I first had to follow my mom to Komtar to pay something and then follow her all the way up to Farlim to leave the groceries at the shop. Only then, did she take me to Gurney Plaza but I won't complain as it's quality time spent with beloved mom! =)

Anyway, after being told by Miss Kiran not to be late as I usually am(hehe!), I arrived there ahead of time at 12.20pm, ten minutes before we were supposed to meet. But, she wasn't there yet, so I went to Popular to indulge myself in the many books available. She came at 12.45pm and we managed to catch the 12.50pm movie. We watched...........................


Being a fan of dancing movies, I could not NOT watch this movie! And Kiran agreed to watch this movie with me as the movie had a burlesque theme to it i.e. Pussycat Dolls. Overall, it was an ok movie for me though it would have been nicer if it had more dance routines. The storyline is like any other basic dancing movie, for example, girl likes dancing, brother disapproves, wants to join prominent dance school, gets rejected, joins a dancing club, falls in love, dilemma back in her hometown, decides to give up dream, brother changes mind, goes for 2nd audition, gets accepted, all is well! =)

Anyway, watching this movie as well as Step-up (for the 2nd time) which was aired on Star World last Sunday, got me thinking about the days where I used to dance in school (though not as good as them for sure!). So, I decided to go down memory lane about my dancing "stints" in school!

1) My first dance was in Kindergarten which was a fairy dance and I have it on tape! Even Aimy and Ruzaina was in the dance! I had a pretty white lace dress, with a star wand and a Halo around my head! Cute, huh? hahahah....

2) Standard 4, was probably the year where I danced the most! The first was a Prefects dance that I choreographed (coughperasancough ) to the Larger Than Life song by BSB and those that took part was me, Kiran, Kameeni, Jelissa, Ruzaina and Sabrina. The 2nd dance was Oops I Did It Again by Britney Spears with Abigail, Haslina, Sharina, Syuhada and others from 4 Biru that I can't remember. Sorry!

3) Standard 6, I danced for Miss Ong's Choon See farewell celebration together with Joanne, Karyn, Ee Lynn and a few others that I can't remember. The song: Mambo No.5! hahaha... It was kinda cute and funny! I also danced a Thai dance in std.6 or 5 taught to us by Pn. Ong (maths teacher) which included Karyn, Sheng Zheng and Melissa for Ms.Soon's retirement! We had to tie sarongs for the dance!

4) Form 1 was when I had an interest in Line Dancing! Every morning, we would learn a new song in the gym before classes begin. I also got to perform in Chesire Home and took part in one of the longest line dancing in Gurney Drive. It was in conjunction with our National Day I think.

5) Then in Form 2, we had a short dance in our drama which Adelene taught us. And that drama was a mix between HP, LOTR and Star Wars! I don't know how we managed to come up with that storyline. I think it was Kiran that came up with it.....

6) In Form 4, for our cheerleading we also had a little bit of dancing to the song "Baby Got Back"!
7) The last time I danced was for my college extra-curricular activities. Altogether, I performed six songs in front of nearly the whole college for my evaluation. Though it was difficult and there were LOTS of last minute practices, but we made it through brilliantly! =)

Well, I think that was basically my whole dancing "history"! Through it all, I had a great & fabulous time. I have to admit that I really do love dancing! And dancing will always have a special part in my life even though I may not be the greatest dancer! =)

Till the next post! Pa-Alam!!

Comments

Popular Posts