Babies and me! =)

I like babies! Yes i do! Babies are just so adorable, chubby, cute, and you can never resist liking a baby. They are just too cute to ignore!! =) But even though I loooooove babies and little kids, I sometimes don't really have much patience with them. In fact, my sister is more of a kid-friendly person than I am.

So, yesterday, after quite a while, my sis and I decided to follow my mum to the shop as we didn't have the car and we didn't want to stay at home doing nothing. In the shop, there is this baby, about 7 months old that is adored by EVERYONE in the shop. His parents are regular customers of the shop. The baby named Mickey (don't ask me how they came up with the name) has chubby cheeks, big & adorable eyes and he is a mix of Chinese and Thai.

Anyway, they came to the shop yesterday and since Mickey's dad wanted to eat, my mum took him from his dad and brought him to us. We were playing with him and making baby talk when SUDDENLY, my mum said "vayshna, hold him!". Now, even though I LOVE babies, I have not learned the art of holding one properly!! I can play peek-a-boo, make baby talk and all but NOT hold a baby properly. However, I had to hold Mickey as they didn't want to take him back from me!! So, there I was holding him akwardly BUT safely of course and walking round the shop. And EVERYONE was complaining bout how I can't hold a baby properly and saying, how are you going to be like when you have one of your own??? hahahaha....

Well, I'm only turning 19 this year, so I have plenty of time to practice on my future nieces and nephews *hint hint* ;). I'm sure when the time comes, I'll be fine and I'll always have my mother there to help me, right?? hahaha.... Till then, I'm happy to be the one playing with a baby while someone else holds them! =)

Comments

Popular Posts