Happy Chinese New Year!!!

First of all, I would like to wish all my family and friends a very HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!! May this year of the Ox bring everyone prosperity despite the economic dilemma we are currently experiencing as well as lots of joy and love to surround you to make this year a blessed one.

Last weekend, my family from my dad's side came to Penang from KL. On Saturday, I went to my grandma's house for a visit and just to chit chat with my aunts. However, I ended up spending quality time with my grandma instead. The three of us, my sis, cousin and I, spent our time listening to her childhood stories and her mischievious doings that always got her in trouble with her mom.

It was really nice listening to her stories about her life in Pulau Jerejak where she would always take a boat every morning to Penang to attend school. She was from St.Georges!! haha... She was telling us about how she was always scolded by her mom for doing "boy" stuff such as going fishing early in the morning, cycling and walking on high walls where you could fall in the water if you slip. Her antics always got her into trouble with her mom but her dad would always come to her defense by saying "she's like my son, let her be"! hahaha..... We spent nearly two hours just listening to her!! She did repeat a few of the stories but we didn't have the heart to tell her that because, after all, she's old and old people tend to forget, rite?

Then, on Sunday, we went to my grandma's house for lunch and just spent some time hanging out with cousins. Yesterday, we had a small gathering to celebrate my uncle's birthday. His birthday is actually on the 31st but since everyone was in Penang, we had it earlier. So, nearly every single family member were except maybe two or three but everyone had a great time. It was like Deepavali all over again!

It's nice to know and see that even though everyone has moved on and is no longer living in Penang, yet with these small gatherings, its as though nothing has changed. And it reinforces the fact that distance does not put a barrier nor does it weaken the bonds between family members.

Comments

Popular Posts