Penang Cultural Nite 2008

As it turned out, I ended up not going for the Penang Jazz Festival this year...So sad...Wanted to go today(sunday) but can't as we have transport...Oh well, still crossing my fingers for next year!! haha...

My day(saturday) started out bright and early by me attending class. Had a short test as well but it was not as difficult as the first so, I guess I'll do OK on it...heheh...then mum fetched me back...

After that, sis and I decided to go out to Giant to try and find the shopping trolley that my mum wants but unfortunately we couldn't find it...So our shopping trip turned out to be quite short. We followed mum to Gama after that to buy some things for the shop and decided to go up with her to the shop. Once there, we (sis and i) were debating on whether we should go for the Penang Cultural Nite. I wanted to but my sis was still on the fence about her decision. Finally, after debating for a while, we decided, why not? We're free and have nothing to do, so let's show some support for Penang and our family members!! hahaha..

We expected the area around Fort Cornwallis to be jam, however, it was not, so we could easily find parking space although we had to pay RM3 to park at the parking lot. From the outside, it looked like the response was poor but as we walked further in, we could see there were quite a number of people sitting there...and the crowd steadily grew as time passed. When we arrived, our Chief Minister, Lim Guan Eng, was giving his speech. We were greeted by my cousins who noticed us walking in and while we were chatting, we saw my aunties walking in. So, we were happy that we at least had a little company....

The show turned out to be quite entertaining...though the first few cultural performances were quite boring! hahahah.....The performances after that was nice. Those performing were of course, Alleycats, my cousin Dasha and The Jazz Trio, as well as,


James Boyle (son of the late Jimmy Boyle) and the ragged TNBT. The basist was fantastic! He's a Japanese guy and he was really good. Everyone was really impressed with him including me! Forgot his name though....hehe....

The concert also featured James Rozells and Kathleen Rodrigues. They are quite famous in Penang and she still has a good voice even for her age....Had quite a number of fans in the crowd too...

The other band was Jeon Youngse Trio, a Jazz band from Korea. I thought of Nicole when I was watching this band. Even though its not her type of music but they're Korean anyway. hahaha.... They were also good...and the guy on the left is blind but he could still play well...

Watching all these bands it was as though I was attending the Penang Jazz Festival....coz nearly all the bands played jazz music. I guess it was a consolation prize since I couldnt make it for the Jazz Fest.

Overall, it was a good show. I felt glad coz we we made the right decision in deciding to come coz if we didn't, we were really missing out on a good show...I guess it was a blessing in disguise for me not being able to attend the Jazz Fest, huh? =)

Photos courtesy of http://khookaypeng.blogspot.com/2008/11/penang-cultural-nite-celebrating.html

Comments

Shucks I just missed it. Maybe next time.

Cheers!
The Malaysian Explorer

Popular Posts