The Good and The Bad

"You've got me hynotized, so mesmerized..."
That line perfectly describes how Edward Cullen has affected me since the first time I laid eyes on his character in Twilight and then when I saw the movie.....sigh..... And if you read the fourth book, Breaking Dawn, you will fall in love with him even more!! He is like (and I quote) "a drug...my personal brand of heroin..." He is what I call a perfect guy (in his case however the perfect vampire! haha) that any girl could ever dream of. He has that mysterious yet appealing quality that can make a person feel drawn to him. He also has that confident air and that cheeky look that you just can't help but sigh and show your colgate smile!! I even read in a review that he is so perfect that he doesn't even have a pimple!! hahaha.....However, I have to face reality, there are no guys THAT perfect but a girl can dream right? As my sister said in her blog, how are we ever going to get a boyfriend when the media as well as the authors of romance novels has created the illusion of this perfect guy that no other regular guy can ever measure up too?? *sigh*

Alrite, enough about me gushing over Edward Cullen. This post was suppose to be about my weekend at the cinema. On Saturday, my WONDERFUL and GREAT friends (Kiran, Nicole, Jze Yuin) decided to sacrifice and watch with me Twilight as I was the only one out of the four who hadn't watched it yet. Unfortunately............luck was yet again not on my side as the 4pm screening was no longer on. So, we decided to watch the movie The Day The Earth Stood Still. I knew it was an alien/sci-fi movie but I didn't expect the movie to turn out the way it did. Even though it is number 1 in the box office, we honestly didn't enjoy the movie.

I even dozed off for a second at one point during the movie! In my defence though, I already had a long day prior to watching the movie. Kiran was getting so irritated with the movie that she even wanted to walk out but she stayed on till the end. We paid RM10, might as well watch it till the end right? I won't say it was a terrible movie though because others might like it. This is the kind of movie where you have to analyse and look deeper into the meaning of the movie. For example, how they portray the US government in overcoming problems threatening their national security. You have to watch the movie to judge it for yourself.

The next day (Sunday), my sis and I decided that maybe it was just not our luck to watch Twilight in the theatres, so, we decided to watch the DVD that my mum bought in the comfort of our own home. However, it was so unclear and dark that we finally gave up and decided to catch the 5.15pm movie in the theatre instead. hahaha... And contrary to what the many reviews has said about the movie, WE LOVED IT!!! hahaha... Maybe we sound partial to it coz we already read the book or maybe coz we are just hopeless romantics!!! Just imagine me smiling and sighing throughout the whole movie and you get the picture! =) My favourite scenes were Edward introducing Bella to his family as well as the baseball game. *sigh* *big smile* Besides my forever perfect Edward, Emmet was kinda cute too. hahaha.....

Well, now you all know what kind of guys I like......hahahah...... *colgate smile*

Comments

Shakun said…
Stick to Harry Potter!! I'm the one who introduced you to Edward, so he's mine!!
Anonymous said…
Oi, both of you....stick to Doreamon or something lahhhhhh.

Popular Posts