Surprise Party!

I am starting this post with a quote by Kiran "ISN'T IT A BAD IDEA TO HAVE A SURPRISE PARTY FOR AN EIGHTY YEAR OLD MAN?? hahahaha..... Well, it is an age that should be celebrated as it is not everyday that someone turns the BIG 80! haha...As for the surprise part......well, he could still take it as he is still in a good condition compared to many other 80 year olds out there. hehehe.......

The birthday boy or man, is a far relative of mine. He is actually my grandmother's cousin. So, being the punctual people that we are, my sis and I arrived at 6:58pm, 2 minutes before the stated time. Our parents couldnt come as they were busy and much to our horror, when we arrived, there was no one there yet!!! Around 7:15pm, people started to arrive. The birthday boy/man was suppose to arrive at 7:30 but seeing as there was so little people, they had to push back the time. When everyone finally arrived, they annouced that HE was nearby, so they lighted the candles and the cake was a big 8 and a big O.

We waited for nearly ten minutes and he still didn't arrive, and you could see the candles just melting....... melting........ and....... melting away. When he did arrive, the candles were so melted that if it got any more lower, it would have burned the cake!! hahaha..... So far, things were not going as plan.

I had a nice surpirise though when i met one of my NS friends!! We are somehow related but in a far kind of way and I didn't think she would be there but it was nice to see her there and we had a lot of things to catch up on. And I actually had someone else there to talk to besides my sister, grandmothers, aunts and uncles.

If you thought things couldnt get any worse, the food didn't arrived until about 9pm and my last meal was at 11 sumthing in the morning!!! And everyone was already complaining, so we had to make do with just fruits and jellies while waiting for the main course and when the food did arrived, everyone just rushed to the food line!!

However, even though there were quite a number of delays, I still had fun. I have not seen my family members for quite a while, so it was a great time to catch up on things and seeing that i met a friend of mine, i could also catch up on her happenings as well as meet my sisters colleagues!!

So, in the end, it was a fun day for me after all........ haha.....

Comments

Popular Posts