17 turning 18

OK, here it is...... my official last post as a seventeen year old.....
So, what incredible things have I done in my year long of being a seventeen year old?? Well, first of all.....it's been a wonderful and great year filled with lots of fun and interesting happenings. To start off, my seventeen birthday was a great day with my wonderful friends trying to surprise me, BUT......... it turned out to be one of the biggest birthday blunder!! hahahah.......The thought of it was really sweet though....But one thing for sure is that I will never forget Ming Yen standing up and waving the plastic knife in the air!! hahahahahah......

And how can I forget our SUPERB drama "A KAMPUNG STORY"?? hahahaha...... The ups and downs endured during the practices would definitely not be forgotten as we had a great time doing it!! Though we didn't win in the kelompok level, there were no regrets, rite? Who can forget the famous Muthusamy, Muhammad Ali, nenek kebayan, and Ming Yen as Tunku Abdul Rahman?? hahahah....




I also had to go through 3 months of National Service!! After years of my mum telling me I would get it, I didn't really think I would be chosen BUT......I went through it and came out without a scratch!! hahaha....The reluctance I felt when I first went, slowly changed to fun as I got to know more friends became closer and forged close bonds.... Didn't think that I would cry when I finally had to leave!! hahaha... Really ironic how you cry coz you have to go and you cry again coz you have leave......

Nevertheless, it wasn't all just happiness........ as even with all the joy and fun I had, I also had sadness when I lost one of my uncles.It was kinda of a shock for me as when I saw him alive for the very last time in the hospital, I couldn't believe it was him! From the jovial and happy - go - lucky kind of person he was, the person I saw that night was like a stranger..... To add to the sadness, he passed away on my sister's birthday, so you can imagine the sadness. A joyous occassion became an extremely sad one. However, life goes on and even though the disbelieve is still there even after a year of his passing, we just have to think of his passing as a blessing as he doesn't have to suffer anymore.
And so, as I begin another whole new year of my life as an EIGHTEEN year old, I am curious to see what interesting and happy things are going to come my way and carve everlasting memories in my mind. As it is, I'm already starting by slowly digesting life as a college freshmen and forging new friendships, so......as time goes, i'll keep all of you updated.

Comments

Popular Posts