Twilight - Breaking Dawn part 1

As you all would probably know by now, I'm a fan of the Twilight series. Yes, the story may be a bit far-fetched and whatnot but being a fan of romance novels, I cam't help but be a fan of the movie and the books. I mean, perfect guys like Edward do not exist in this world, so why not fantasize about guys like that once in a while through books and movies?  Lol!


Anyway, since sis is currently in Bangalore for work, I had no one to follow me to watch the new Twilight movie. But, being the good friend that she is, my dear friend Kiran allowed herself to be dragged to watch this movie. =)

So what did I think of the movie? Well, it was okay. Of course, being in Malaysia, you would already expect that the important parts of the movie will be censored, for example, the part where Bella gives birth and the most talked about scene, the part where they sleep together.


Fans of Jacob/Taylor Lautner will be happy to note that within the first 5 minutes of the movie, he already takes off his shirt and phases into his werewolf form. haha.. =)


The wedding scene was nice with the millions of flowers, really fairytale like. Even Stephenie Meyers makes a cameo at the wedding. The dress, believe it or not, was specially designed by the famous Carolina Herrera and fitted specially for Kristen Stewart! It was seriously like a real fairytale wedding come to life. haha.. There was even funny speeches by the guests at the wedding. Unlike the other 3 movies before this, they tried to inject a lot of humour into the movie, such as during the reception and during their honeymoon.


I personally loved the place where they had their honeymoon, especially the house! Would love to have a house like that some day or even the Cullens house! Lol! Yes, the whole movie had really nice sceneries. They picked perfect spots to shoot the movie. =)

I was kinda wondering how they were going to split the book into half because I honestly felt like it could all fit into one movie. But I guess with people wanting to see the wedding and the honeymoon, plus all the details that went into it, I guess it was worth making the book into a two part movie.

Pregnant Bella was kinda scary to watch as well coz she looked really old and had such dark circles under her eyes. It was kinda creepy at times! Lol! But I have to say, she didn't really look stiff in this movie compared to the other 3 movies, so I guess it's an improvement. =)


The only complain I had was that towards the end of the movie, somehow half the screen in the theatre in Gurney Plaza was black, so we were watching only half the screen! Crazy! And they also cut out the part where Bella gave birth which is the climax of the movie, so that part was a bit confusing because everything went by in a blur!

Overall, I kinda enjoyed the movie but then again, I am a fan of the books, so I might be a bit bias. Now, I can't wait for the final part. Let's see how Bella/Kristen Stewart takes on the role of a vampire and of course, we all want to see the higly anticipated debut of Reneesme.

Signing off for now,

pa-alam!

Comments

Popular Posts