Suara Hati Rakyat?



Last week, I got a text message from my college counsellor asking me to meet her at her office. Now, when you get a message, whatmore a TEXT message, from a counsellor, you immediately think the worse. Ok, maybe its me but still, I found it quite weird. Anyway, pushing all thoughts aside, I went to her office to find out the reason behind her sms.

I found out that I got chosen to be a representative for a Program Bual Mesra, organised by the Kementerian Penerangan, Komunikasi dan Kebudayaan. I'm not quite sure how they chose the students, considering I'm not one of the most active students you can find on campus, nevertheless, I was selected. So, I had no choice but to fill the participation form.

Today, I was a bit apprehensive about attending it as none of my friends got selected and I did not want to be the odd one out. But, I realised that I cannot expect to have someone by my side whenever I do or attempt something new, so I just went ahead with it.

This program bual mesra is actually an attempt by the government to listen and take into account the opinions and views that the younger generation has towards social issues and the government such as the education system, politics, governance of our Prime Minister, crime and safety as well as any other issues that we may have opinions on.

I would say it was not that bad as it gave us, the younger generation, a platform to voice out our dissatisfaction without having to worry about any repercussions due to our blunt honesty as many of us really spoke up about our frustrations with the government, the unfairness in issuing scholarships and also about the rights that we as Malaysians should have. Almost all the groups also had opinions about the Bersih rally that is suppose to happen tomorrow and many felt that it should actually go on, maybe not with public demonstrations but that the government should at least allow the public to have their say.

How much of our input will be channelled to the government itself is unknown as it is up to the pegawai in charged to summarise all our opinions before it is sent to the designated place. It may not even reach anybody as after today, who knows what they'll do with whatever we wrote down and presented to the pegawai's today.

Overall though, it was a good experience I guess and the food that was provided was also good so, I guess I cant complain! haha.. Made a  few new friends as well, so, I have expanded my network of friends to beyond my own course and the accounting course! Lol!

On another note, next week will be a very busy week for me so, hopefully I get through it with no physical or mental damages! Wish me luck!

Signing off, pa-alam!! =)

Comments

Wei Wen Ou said…
Was here and read up =D
Vayshna said…
Wenou:

Thanks for reading! =)

Popular Posts