What I've been up to lately

Helo my dear readers! (If there are still any!) haha... I know I haven't updated in almost 3 weeks and I'm sorry about that. I just haven't found the time to write and truthfully, i've been having a block as to what to write!

Anyway, for the past few weeks, if I haven't mentioned in my previosu posts, I've been doing my internship. If you don't already know, after the first week of internship at a certain place, I had to change my internship place as the company was not giving us work that was relevant to our course. Instead we (i.e me and a friend) were given more marketing stuff to do and a lot of telemarketing which is not at all related. Hence, after discussion with our lecturer, we decided to switch company.

Now, I'm currently doing my internship at Penang Adventist Hospital (PAH), under the Development Department. Being a not-for-profit hospital, the hospital has four funds that caters to underprivileged patients who can't afford to pay for treatment or surgeries. The development department is in charged of that. Therefore, it's kind of like working at an NGO.

So far, it's been great working at Adventist. The people are nice and the job is relevant to what we're studying. I get to write press releases, speeches, organize events, etc. Just today, we had a big event, The Ambassador Signing Ceremony and Care Club Mini Carnival and I was given the chance to become the emcee!! It's a big job and even though I've become an emcee before, but this is by far the biggest event for me. I'm glad it went well though there were a few glitches. However, it's a learning process, right? Hopefully, I'll be much better the next time. =)

Working at PAH has also given me the opportunity to work with people from different cultures and countries. So far, I've had the opportunity to interact and work with people from America, Japan and Indonesia. It has indeed been a great experience.

I've got about two more weeks left of work and even though it's been quite interesting experiencing working life, I have to admit, I'm quite excited to head back to college. =) I'm missing all my friends and lecturers. I'm missing the long breaks and believe it or not, I actually miss studying! hahaha... Then again, once I start college, I just might be speaking a different tune then! haha..

Well, that's all for now.

Till the next post, pa-alam!

Comments

Popular Posts